M.S. in Childhood Education/Special Education
The M.S. in Childhood Education/Special Education Program is designed for candidates who have a bachelor's degree and who seek dual certification in Childhood and Special Education for grades 1-6.
- 42 credit hour program
- Completed in 5 semesters (21 months)
- Structured around working professionals
- Classes meet Friday evenings/Saturdays (every other weekend) and one evening per week
- Starts in Fall Semester Only
- Applicants are encouraged to meet with an admissions counselor to have a transcript evaluation done to review undergraduate credit for NY State Certification.
General Application Requirements
- Completed Online Application or Application Form [pdf]
- Application fee
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work (if applicable)
- Two Letters of Recommendation [pdf] Note: You can now submit recommendation letters online. Please refer to the Online Application for instructions.
- Current résumé
- Personal statement*
- Results of the (TOEFL) for students whose native language is not English
- Graduate Transfer Credit Request Form [pdf] and supporting documents (if applicable)
*Provide information about yourself, your goals and plans for the future, and reason for graduate study in your chosen field. The personal statement should be approximately 300-500 words in length. You may submit your personal statement electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to St. John Fisher College, Office of Graduate Admissions.