M.S. in Advanced Practice Nursing
The M.S. in Advanced Practice Nursing Program is designed for nurses who have a bachelor's degree in Nursing, a current NYS RN license, and who wish to obtain a master's degree in Nursing.
The Wegmans School of Nursing is dedicated to graduating professional and advanced practice nurses who will provide expert, compassionate, ethical care and be leaders in nursing and healthcare environments.
There are two program options:
- Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS): 37-39 credit hours
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP): 44-46 credit hours
The program also offers post-master’s certificate options in: Clinical Nurse Specialist, Family Nurse Practitioner, and Nurse Educator.
- Structured for working professionals
- Classes are offered in the evening
- Program starts in fall, spring, or summer
- Flexible schedule
- Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
General Application Requirements
- Completed Online Application or Application Form [pdf]
- Application fee
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work (if applicable)
- Two Letters of Recommendation [pdf] Note: You can now submit recommendation letters online. Please refer to the Online Application for instructions.
- Current résumé
- Personal statement*
- Results of the TOEFL (if native language is not English)
- Graduate Transfer Credit Request Form [pdf] and supporting documents (if applicable)
Program-Specific Application Requirements
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university
- Evidence of current licensure as a registered professional nurse in New York State
- Both Letters of Recommendation [pdf] must be submitted by individuals who are qualified at the master's level or higher
Admissions criteria includes priority enrollment for those with a GPA of 3.3 or better, with a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0. Students need to have earned grades of B or better in undergraduate health assessment, research and statistics.
*Provide information about yourself, your goals and plans for the future, and reason for graduate study in your chosen field. The personal statement should be approximately 300-500 words in length. You may submit your personal statement electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to St. John Fisher College, Office of Graduate Admissions.