Freshman Enrollment Guide
Thanks for choosing to attend St. John Fisher College. We think you've made a smart choice! This website is designed to include everything you need to get started on a successful collegiate career at Fisher.
Reminder: You will need your network user ID and password for many of the required tasks below.
Logging In, Email, Network Accounts, and Computers
Your network account allows you to log onto all campus computers, as well as access email and Blackboard. Be sure to check your Fisher email regularly, as it is the official means of communication from the College.
Network Account Username: Three initials, a zero, and the last 4 digits of your SJFC ID # (often referred to as the @number)
- Learn More: First Time Log-In and Password Reset
- Learn More: Student Gmail Help Topic
- Learn More: Student Computer Purchase Recommendations
Submit Your Course Preference Form
Filling out the Course Preference Form will help us develop a schedule that fits your interests and academic goals.
Since Learning Communities often close out, the sooner you fill out the form, the more likely it is that you'll get your top choice.
Register for a Great Beginnings Summer Orientation Session
Great Beginnings Summer Orientation Sessions are designed to help you learn more about college life at Fisher, meet other incoming classmates, and interact with faculty and staff.
Great Beginnings sessions often close out, so register soon!
- Learn More: Great Beginnings Summer Orientation
Fill Out Your Housing Application
Complete the housing application on ResLife Online. Housing assignment will be available in late July/early August.
- Complete your Housing Application
- Learn More: Residence Hall Living
- Learn More: Freshman Parking Policy
Complete Financial Aid Requirements
Log in to Fish 'R' Net to accept or decline financial aid, complete loan entrance counseling, review outstanding requirements, and more.
- Visit the Financial Aid Information for New Undergraduate Students page for step-by-step instructions and next steps in the financial aid process.
DUE: Late June
Send in Final High School Transcripts
Send in your final high school transcript and an official transcript (including college transcripts, AP and IB score reports) of any college credit you have earned to the Office of Freshman Admissions.
Provide Health History Information
Provide the Health & Wellness Center with your health history information.
- Mail or fax your immunization records to: Health & Wellness Center, 3690 East Ave., Rochester, NY 14618, Fax: (585) 385-8299 - (due July 1)
- Complete the Health History form [pdf] - (due August 1)
- Complete the College Physical form [pdf] - (due August 1)
Settle Your Bill
Your bill for the fall semester will be generated by the end of June and must be settled with Student Accounts by the due date on the top right side of the bill.
- Explore Payment Options
- Learn More: Billing Information
- Learn More: FisherPay Guide
- Learn More: Cardinal Cash
Late August/Early September
Find an On-Campus Job
Begin researching positions you soon as you receive an email from the Career Center with instructions on how to login to CareerZone.
- Learn More: Career Center and Work Study
Saturday, Sept. 5 - Monday, Sept 7, 2015
The day is finally here! If you are a resident student, plan to arrive on campus between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon. You will be emailed your exact time to your Fisher email address. If you are a commuter student, you'll need to arrive between 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon.
2016-17 Important Dates
September 3 - 6
September 6 (1:45 p.m.)
- Fall Classes Begin
September 26 - 30
- Spirit Week
- Recess Day (no classes)
October 28 - 30
- Family Weekend
November 23 - 27
- Thanksgiving Break
December 12 - 17
- Final Exams
December 17 - January 17
- Holiday Break
January 18 (8 a.m.)
- Spring Classes Begin
March 5 - 12
- Spring Break
April 12 - 17
- Easter Recess
May 1 - 6
- Final Exams