Freshman Enrollment Guide
Thanks for choosing to attend St. John Fisher College. We think you've made a smart choice! This website is designed to include everything you need to get started on a successful collegiate career at Fisher.
DUE: Tuesday, April 28
Submit Your Course Preference Form
Filling out the Course Preference Form will help us develop a schedule that fits your interests and academic goals.
Since Learning Communities often close out, the sooner you fill out the form, the more likely it is that you'll get your top choice.
DUE: Monday, June 15
Register for a Great Beginnings Summer Orientation Session
Great Beginnings Summer Orientation Sessions are designed to help you learn more about college life at Fisher, meet other incoming classmates, and interact with faculty and staff.
Great Beginnings sessions often close out, so register soon!
- Learn More: Great Beginnings Summer Orientation
Due: Friday, June 19 @ Noon
Fill Out Your Housing Application
Starting April 1, complete the housing application on ResLife Online. Housing assignment will be available in late July/early August.
- Complete your Housing Application (starting April 1)
- Learn More: Residence Hall Living
- Learn More: Freshman Parking Policy
Complete Financial Aid Requirements
Log in to Fish 'R' Net to accept or decline financial aid, complete loan entrance counseling, review outstanding requirements, and more.
- Visit the Financial Aid Information for New Undergraduate Students page for step-by-step instructions and next steps in the financial aid process.
DUE: Late June
Send in Final High School Transcripts
Send in your final high school transcript and an official transcript (including college transcripts, AP and IB score reports) of any college credit you have earned to the Office of Freshman Admissions.
Provide Health History Information
Provide the Health & Wellness Center with your health history information.
- Submit your immunization information
- Mail your immunization records and a copy of your most recent physical to: Health & Wellness Center, 3690 East Ave., Rochester, NY 14618
Settle Your Bill
Your bill for the fall semester will be generated by the end of June and must be settled with Student Accounts by the due date on the top right side of the bill.
- Explore Payment Options
- Learn More: Billing Information
- Learn More: FisherPay Guide
- Learn More: Cardinal Cash
Email, Network Accounts, and Computers
Your network account allows you to log onto all campus computers, as well as access email and Blackboard. You should have received your network credentials and password in your Welcome Letter.
Be sure to check your Fisher email regularly, as it is the official means of communication from the College.
- Learn More: Network Account First Time Log-In
- Learn More: Student Gmail Help Topic
- Learn More: Student Computer Purchase Recommendations
Late August/Early September
Find an On-Campus Job
Begin researching positions you soon as you receive an email from the Career Center with instructions on how to login to CareerZone.
- Learn More: Career Center and Work Study
Saturday, Sept. 5 - Monday, Sept 7, 2015
The day is finally here! If you are a resident student, plan to arrive on campus between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon. You will be emailed your exact time to your Fisher email address. If you are a commuter student, you'll need to arrive between 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon.
2015-16 Important Dates
September 8 (8:00 a.m.)
- Fall Classes Begin
September 14 - 18
- Spirit Week
- Recess Day (no classes)
October 23 - 25
- Family Weekend
November 25 - 29
- Thanksgiving Break
December 14 - 19
- Final Exams
December 19 - January 13
- Holiday Break
January 14 (8:00 a.m.)
- Spring Classes Begin
February 29 - March 6
- Spring Break
March 23 - 28
- Easter Recess
April 25 - 30
- Final Exams