Community Benefits from 2013 Project Community Convergence
As the semester winds down and the pressure of finals week starts to creep closer, nearly 140 St. John Fisher College students decided to roll up their sleeves to volunteer for the 2013 Project Community Convergence (PCC), led by Students With A Vision (SWAV).
On Saturday, April 13, and Saturday, April 20, the students spent their days in five Rochester City Schools providing them with a makeover. Schools No. 2, 7, 10, 34, and Monroe High School were the lucky recipients of these efforts. At Monroe and School No. 2, the group organized classrooms and closets. And Schools No. 7, 10, and 34 received freshly painted classrooms. In addition, the volunteers stationed at School No. 34 spread mulch and cleaned up the grass around the school during the first weekend.
Brandie Rice, one of the co-coordinators of the event, has been working with the committee since the beginning of the school year to prepare and finalize all of the details leading up to PCC.
“I volunteered last year for PCC and loved being able to help the Rochester community, especially in the schools. I am an education major, which is why I was inspired to help plan and coordinate the event,” said Rice. “This entire event depends on the volunteers who willingly give their time to the Rochester community and we had very flexible and cooperative volunteers!”
Additional event support was provided by the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs, Resident Student Association, Commuter Council, Student Government Association, and the Teacher Education Student Association.
Latest Campus Happenings
- Fisher Football Marches on in NCAAs in Texas
- Cardinals Crush Courage Bowl IX
- Fisher Named a 2014 Best Private College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Women’s Soccer Plays for More Than a Win
- Family Weekend Attracts 130 Fisher Families
- Pharmacy Students Complete Fifth Summer Mission, Help Set Record
- Marketing Club Prepares for the Annual AMA Marketing Week
- Communication/Journalism Department Now Department of Media and Communication
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges
- College Introduces #FisherCares Initiative
- Roba Named 2nd Farash Scholar at Fisher
- Welcome Class of 2017!
- St. John Fisher College Hosts Annual College Bound Program
- “Camp College” Comes to St. John Fisher College This Weekend
- Local High School Students Are Now “College Bound”
- Students and Faculty Complete 7th Medical Mission to El Salvador
- Fisher Joins Liberty League for Rowing
- Fisher Accounting Storms Europe
- Fisher Marketing Club Wins AMA Collegiate Chapter Excellence Award
- Nursing Seniors Return from Clinical Rotation in Peru