Cardinals Crush Courage Bowl IX
The sun was shining, the bleachers were full, and the St. John Fisher College football team came to Growney Stadium to win on Saturday. And win they did. The team scored 41 unanswered points in the second quarter alone, and defeated Empire 8 rival Alfred University 48-13 in the ninth annual Courage Bowl.
With touchdowns by Dan Rudy, Nathan Nigolian, Brandon Fuentes, Mike Donitzen, and Cody Miller-who had three touchdowns in the game-the Cardinals crushed the Saxons for the much-anticipated game, but gave the fans so much more than a win.
Honorary Camp Good Days and Special Times coaches Anders Swanson, Ben Hammond, and Joseph Mayer had the chance to practice and warm up with the team, and enjoyed cheering from the sidelines during the entire game. Honorary Camp Good Days cheerleaders Lauren Miller, Kayla Tiedeman, and Sydney Kreschenko pre-gamed with the Fisher cheerleading squad, and cheered their hearts out each time a Cardinal scored a touchdown.
Fans close to the Fisher sideline even had a chance to get a look at some of the heartwarming banter the players had with their young coaches, all whom are battling cancer. Those moments were some of the biggest scores of the day.
After the game, the Teddi Dance for Love Committee had a 24-minute mini-dance marathon in honor of the upcoming Teddi Dance on February 21, 2014. They also held a successful Sticky Lips BBQ fundraiser throughout the game. All proceeds from the Courage Bowl events will benefit the children and families of Camp Good Days.
Latest Campus Happenings
- College to Host Annual Day of Celebration
- Student Athletes “Scare Away Brain Cancer” in Honor of Teammate
- Family Weekend Attracts 135 Fisher Families
- Family Weekend 2014 Kicks Off on Halloween
- Tran Named 3rd Farash Scholar at Fisher
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- College Bound Program Holds Graduation Ceremony
- Fisher Team Makes a Difference at 2014 Jamaican Sports Camp for Disadvantaged Youth
- St. John Fisher College School of Education Receives $7,500 Grant from Bank of America
- Fisher Says Farewell to the Class of 2014
- 13th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
- New Scholarship Available for Accepted Students
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance to Honor Memory of Young Camper
- Fisher Student-Athletes Take Part in Annual Winter Walk
- Teddi Committee Hosts “Very Beary Brunch”
- Empire 8 President’s List Includes 104 Fisher Student-Athletes
- School of Nursing Purchases Gift for Kenyan School
- Salerno Guest Lectures In…Salerno