St. John Fisher College Hosts Annual College Bound Program
St. John Fisher College became home to more than just the Buffalo Bills this weekend, as the College kicked off its 7th Annual College Bound program hosting 35 area high school students for an intensive five-day residential program designed to help them discover their academic and career interests.
The program is designed for soon-to-be high school seniors who are academically qualified, low-income students and are the first in their families that plan to attend college. In order to be considered for the program, students must be nominated by a school official, and meet specific academic and financial criteria.
Throughout the program, admissions counselors from various colleges and universities will work with these students to discover their interests and explore potential career options; enable them to develop a consideration set of colleges and determine what aspects of college are most important to them; and help the students understand the admissions application process, including completing an application, admissions interviews, and the college essay. The students will also have the opportunity to experience other college campuses in the Rochester area.
Additionally, as part of the overall program, the students will attend a follow-up workshop during their senior year of high school.
Students attend College Bound for free, and the program is supported in part by M&T Bank; the Fred & Floy Willmott Foundation; and the Ames-Amzalak Memorial Trust, in memory of Henry Ames, Semon Amzalak, and Dan Amzalak.
Latest Campus Happenings
- College to Host Annual Day of Celebration
- Student Athletes “Scare Away Brain Cancer” in Honor of Teammate
- Family Weekend Attracts 135 Fisher Families
- Family Weekend 2014 Kicks Off on Halloween
- Tran Named 3rd Farash Scholar at Fisher
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- College Bound Program Holds Graduation Ceremony
- Fisher Team Makes a Difference at 2014 Jamaican Sports Camp for Disadvantaged Youth
- St. John Fisher College School of Education Receives $7,500 Grant from Bank of America
- Fisher Says Farewell to the Class of 2014
- 13th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
- New Scholarship Available for Accepted Students
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance to Honor Memory of Young Camper
- Fisher Student-Athletes Take Part in Annual Winter Walk
- Teddi Committee Hosts “Very Beary Brunch”
- Empire 8 President’s List Includes 104 Fisher Student-Athletes
- School of Nursing Purchases Gift for Kenyan School
- Salerno Guest Lectures In…Salerno