Applying to Fisher
Types of Freshman Admissions
Application Deadline: December 1
St. John Fisher College subscribes to a single-choice Early Decision Plan. This plan is designed for students who have made Fisher their first choice for college. The Admissions Office assumes that students will not apply to more than one institution as Early Decision applicants. If admitted to St. John Fisher College, students are expected to withdraw their applications from other colleges.
Students admitted under the Early Decision Plan have until March 15 to submit a non-refundable enrollment deposit.
Regular Decision-Rolling Admission Plan
St. John Fisher College operates on a rolling admissions plan. The Admissions Committee will begin to review applications for admission in late fall. While there is no application deadline, the majority of applications are received prior to February 15.
The Merit Scholarship consideration deadline is January 15.
In addition, St. John Fisher College subscribes to the Candidates Reply Date Agreement, which allows students until May 1, to submit a non-refundable enrollment deposit.
- Continuous: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis
- December 1: Early decision application deadline
- January 15 : Admissions application deadline for merit-based scholarship consideration
- February 15: Priority deadline to submit FAFSA (School Code: 002821)
- Late March: Entering freshman financial aid awards mailed
- May 1: Admissions deposit deadline
Freshman Application Directions
An application is considered complete and will be reviewed when the following items have been received by Freshman Admissions:
- Application and $30 application fee
- Official high school transcript (including a list of senior year courses and grades available)
- SAT I (Scholastic Assessment Test) or ACT (American College Test) or TOFEL Scores
- Counselor Recommendation/Teacher Recommendation [pdf]
- Personal statement, essay, or graded paper (minimum 250 words)
- Additional letters of recommendation (optional)
- Additional information such as activities resume (optional)
The application fee is waived for students who are children of alumni, siblings of currents students, or students who are reapplying.
Follow the instructions on our online application to apply to Fisher electronically.
Printable Application [pdf]
Print out our PDF application and mail it to:
St. John Fisher College
Office of Freshman Admissions
3690 East Avenue
Rochester, NY 14618-3596