Faculty Recognized for Grants
On Friday, November 22, the College’s Office of Corporate, Foundation, and Government Relations held the inaugural Faculty Recognition Event to acknowledge faculty from across campus who have submitted grant proposals or implemented grant projects during the 2012-13 fiscal year.
The event brought together faculty from Pharmacy, Education, Chemistry, Philosophy, Nursing, Sociology, and Media and Communication, as well as staff from Lavery Library and the Academic Opportunities Programs Office.
Dr. Donald Bain, President, and Dr. Randall Krieg, Provost, made remarks during the event, noting the importance of grant funding and faculty research.
“The funding available through grants is an important resource in ensuring that our faculty are able to further their expertise and explore their passion, which in turn benefits both our students and our Institution as a whole,” said Bain. “Your hard work also raises the College profile, enhances our reputation, and is a vehicle in disseminating the important work that we are doing here.”
In addition, Dr. Jeff Liles, Associate Professor of Inclusive Childhood Education, spoke about his experience securing a grant with the Bank of America, which led to “Project College Bound,” a partnership between Fisher and the Rochester Early College International High School focused on college-readiness and academic success in high school and beyond.
Faculty interested in submitting new grant proposals can contact Maya Temperley, Director of Corporate, Foundation, and Government Relations, at 899-3828 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Swigart Posthumously Honored at Rochester Pharmacy Gala
- Pharmacy Students Travel to Pune, India
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Receives White Coats
- Birnie Named Interim Dean, Wegmans School of Pharmacy
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Wegmans School of Pharmacy Founding Dean, Dr. Scott Swigart
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award
- Pharmacy Students Create “What is the Flu Virus” Informational Video
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis