HEOP Students and Community Service on Campus
A group of incoming freshmen hit the ground running by performing community service, one of the hallmarks of the St. John Fisher College experience, before their first semester on campus even begins. On July 15, ten students in the College's Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) 2011 Summer Institute volunteered at Fisher's Early Learning Center.
The students helped staff complete projects inside and outside of the center, including garden weeding, cleaning playground houses and toys, and washing tables and chairs from inside the center. According to Tracy Schaner, the Director of the Center, the area needed some sprucing up after several weeks of construction in the building.
Fisher's HEOP Summer Institute is a five-week resident bridge program that provides select incoming freshmen the opportunity to get a jumpstart on college life at Fisher. During the program, students complete four college courses in English, mathematics, psychology, and master student. Master student is a course that introduces various tools important to student success in college, such as time management and good study habits. Students also attend weekly study tutorial sessions in order to receive assistance with their courses, as well as workshops provided by community organizations and College departments.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Service Trips Defining Experience for Pharmacy Students
- Grant Funds Substance Abuse Screening and Intervention Training for Pharmacy, Nursing, and Mental Health Counseling Students
- Fisher Celebrates Opening of New Integrated Science and Health Sciences Building
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation for Continuing Professional Education Program
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship
- Professor, Student Publish Manuscript in Journal of Pharmacy Practice
- Pharmacy Professor Tapped to Join Monroe County Asthma Advisory Committee
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards