Pharmacy Faculty and Student Published in Top Industry Journal
Dr. Fang Zhao, Associate Professor in the St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Pharmacy, had an article published in the Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. Zhao recently found out that her article was one of the ten most downloaded papers published in the past three months.
Zhao’s article, “A Survey of Top 200 Drugs – Inconsistent Practice of Drug Strength Expression for Drugs Containing Salt Forms,” was also the result of a research project with pharmacy student, Dan Prohotsky. Due to its popularity, it is being featured on the journal’s website for the next three months in a new, virtual issue of the journal.
The Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences publishes original research papers, original research notes, invited topical reviews, and editorial commentary and news. The areas of focus include basic pharmaceutical science and such topics as chemical processing of pharmaceuticals, including crystallization, lyophilization, chemical stability of drugs, pharmacokinetics, biopharmaceutics, pharmacodynamics, pro-drug developments, metabolic disposition of bioactive agents, dosage form design, protein-peptide chemistry and biotechnology specifically as these relate to pharmaceutical technology, and targeted drug delivery.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Professor, Student Publish Manuscript in Journal of Pharmacy Practice
- Pharmacy Professor Tapped to Join Monroe County Asthma Advisory Committee
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Day of Service, Awards Ceremony Cap-Off Academic Year for Pharmacy School
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Swigart Posthumously Honored at Rochester Pharmacy Gala
- Pharmacy Students Travel to Pune, India
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Receives White Coats
- Birnie Named Interim Dean, Wegmans School of Pharmacy