Pharmacy Faculty and Student Published in Top Industry Journal
Dr. Fang Zhao, Associate Professor in the St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Pharmacy, had an article published in the Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. Zhao recently found out that her article was one of the ten most downloaded papers published in the past three months.
Zhao’s article, “A Survey of Top 200 Drugs – Inconsistent Practice of Drug Strength Expression for Drugs Containing Salt Forms,” was also the result of a research project with pharmacy student, Dan Prohotsky. Due to its popularity, it is being featured on the journal’s website for the next three months in a new, virtual issue of the journal.
The Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences publishes original research papers, original research notes, invited topical reviews, and editorial commentary and news. The areas of focus include basic pharmaceutical science and such topics as chemical processing of pharmaceuticals, including crystallization, lyophilization, chemical stability of drugs, pharmacokinetics, biopharmaceutics, pharmacodynamics, pro-drug developments, metabolic disposition of bioactive agents, dosage form design, protein-peptide chemistry and biotechnology specifically as these relate to pharmaceutical technology, and targeted drug delivery.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Full Accreditation
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam
- A Voice for the Community: Pharmacy Professor Serves on Advisory Board for Global HIV Vaccine Study
- Phillips Installed as President of Regional Health-Systems Pharmacist Council
- Lavigne to Help Lead American Pain Society’s Shared Interest Group on Pain Education
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Pilot Program Leads to Successful Residency Matches
- Ahead of the Class: Pharm.D. Grad Qualifies for Second Year Residency, Board Certification
- P4 Students Engage in International Clinical Rotations
- Health Fair Delivers Medical Care to Refugees in Rochester
- School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding Ceremony