Pharmacy Faculty and Student Published in Top Industry Journal
Dr. Fang Zhao, Associate Professor in the St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Pharmacy, had an article published in the Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. Zhao recently found out that her article was one of the ten most downloaded papers published in the past three months.
Zhao’s article, “A Survey of Top 200 Drugs – Inconsistent Practice of Drug Strength Expression for Drugs Containing Salt Forms,” was also the result of a research project with pharmacy student, Dan Prohotsky. Due to its popularity, it is being featured on the journal’s website for the next three months in a new, virtual issue of the journal.
The Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences publishes original research papers, original research notes, invited topical reviews, and editorial commentary and news. The areas of focus include basic pharmaceutical science and such topics as chemical processing of pharmaceuticals, including crystallization, lyophilization, chemical stability of drugs, pharmacokinetics, biopharmaceutics, pharmacodynamics, pro-drug developments, metabolic disposition of bioactive agents, dosage form design, protein-peptide chemistry and biotechnology specifically as these relate to pharmaceutical technology, and targeted drug delivery.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Awards Recognize Excellence within the School of Pharmacy
- Unither Scholars Program Benefits Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students
- Pharmacy School Gives Back during Day of Service
- Student Research Takes Center Stage this Month
- Pharmacy Faculty Collaborate with Bioscience Company on Research Project
- Chablani Published in Pharmaceutical Science Newsmagazine
- Goin’ Bald for Bucks Raises $5K for Youth Cancer Support Programs
- Pharmacy Professor’s Mission: Improve LGBT Patient Care
- Pharmacy Students’ Licensing Exam Pass Rates First in the State
- Faculty Collaboration Nets NIH-Funded Case Study Project