Lavigne Serves on Review Panel for National Initiative
Dr. Jill Lavigne, Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice and Administration in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, served on a technical review panel for the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation’s (CMMI) Bundled Payments Initiative at CMMI in Baltimore, Maryland on September 27 and 28.
Currently, Medicare makes separate payments to providers for the services they provide to patients, which leads to fragmented care with very little coordination across providers and health care settings. Research shows that bundled payments can align incentives for providers to work more closely across all specialties and settings that a patient may encounter. Additionally, the research shows that if providers collaborated more, the patient’s experience would improve during a hospital stay in an acute care hospital, and during post-discharge recovery. The CMMI’s Bundled Payment Initiative is working toward that solution.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam
- A Voice for the Community: Pharmacy Professor Serves on Advisory Board for Global HIV Vaccine Study
- Phillips Installed as President of Regional Health-Systems Pharmacist Council
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Pilot Program Leads to Successful Residency Matches
- Ahead of the Class: Pharm.D. Grad Qualifies for Second Year Residency, Board Certification
- P4 Students Engage in International Clinical Rotations
- Health Fair Delivers Medical Care to Refugees in Rochester
- School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding Ceremony
- Professor Shares Clinical Pharmacy Best Practices with India University
- Pharmacy Students Participate in Albany Legislative Day