Lavigne Serves on Review Panel for National Initiative
Dr. Jill Lavigne, Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice and Administration in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, served on a technical review panel for the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation’s (CMMI) Bundled Payments Initiative at CMMI in Baltimore, Maryland on September 27 and 28.
Currently, Medicare makes separate payments to providers for the services they provide to patients, which leads to fragmented care with very little coordination across providers and health care settings. Research shows that bundled payments can align incentives for providers to work more closely across all specialties and settings that a patient may encounter. Additionally, the research shows that if providers collaborated more, the patient’s experience would improve during a hospital stay in an acute care hospital, and during post-discharge recovery. The CMMI’s Bundled Payment Initiative is working toward that solution.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Day of Service, Awards Ceremony Cap-Off Academic Year for Pharmacy School
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Swigart Posthumously Honored at Rochester Pharmacy Gala
- Pharmacy Students Travel to Pune, India
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Receives White Coats
- Birnie Named Interim Dean, Wegmans School of Pharmacy
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Wegmans School of Pharmacy Founding Dean, Dr. Scott Swigart
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award