St. John Fisher College’s Wegmans School of Pharmacy Awarded Continued Full Accreditation
The Doctor of Pharmacy Program at St. John Fisher College’s Wegmans School of Pharmacy, which received one-year full accreditation in 2010, has received continued accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) through June 2016.
This accreditation term adds five years to the program’s initial one-year term, establishing the customary six-year cycle between the School’s self-study periods and ACPE’s comprehensive evaluations.
The ACPE accredits Doctor of Pharmacy programs offered by colleges and schools of pharmacy in the United States and selected non-U.S. sites. Full accreditation is awarded to a program that has met all ACPE standards for accreditation and has graduated its first class. The Wegmans School of Pharmacy graduated its first class of Pharm. D. students in May 2010, and received the one-year full accreditation shortly after.
“Attaining continued accreditation from ACPE is significant for our program, and showcases our continued growth,” said Dr. Scott Swigart, Founding Dean of the Wegmans School of Pharmacy. “This achievement is the result of hard work on the part of our faculty and staff, and tremendous support from the community.”
Earlier this year, the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP) reported that 96% of the School’s first graduating class passed the North American Pharmacist Licensure Examination – compared to 90% for the state of New York and 92% nationally. The Association also reported results of the Multistate Pharmacy Jurisprudence Examination, and 100% of Fisher graduates passed the examination, compared to 94% for the state and 95% nationally.
The School is also known for its service to the community, and annually holds a Day of Service when students and faculty tackle projects throughout the community at more than a dozen sites. They also hold regular community health education days, volunteer for Operation Christmas Child, raise money for St. Jude’s Research Hospital, and participate in annual medical missions trips to countries including Honduras and India.
In August 2011, the School will enroll 80 new students for the incoming class, bringing the total enrollment for the Pharmacy program to 304.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Day of Service, Awards Ceremony Cap-Off Academic Year for Pharmacy School
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Swigart Posthumously Honored at Rochester Pharmacy Gala
- Pharmacy Students Travel to Pune, India
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Receives White Coats
- Birnie Named Interim Dean, Wegmans School of Pharmacy
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Wegmans School of Pharmacy Founding Dean, Dr. Scott Swigart
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award