Pharmacy Graduate Receives American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy Award
Wegmans School of Pharmacy graduate Rosemary Garbowski ’11, recently received the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Walmart Scholarship Award, and attended the AACP’s annual meeting in San Antonio from July 9-13. She applied for the scholarship while she was still enrolled at the College.
The award is designed to support students who are interested in a career in academic pharmacy, and provides 75 student-faculty pairs from AACP member institutions with a $1,000 scholarship to support meeting registration and expenses. The goal of the program is to strengthen the recipient’s skills and commitment to a career in academic pharmacy through participation at the annual meetings and seminars.
Dr. Jennifer Mathews, Assistant Professor in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy and Garbowski’s faculty mentor, also attended the meeting. Together, they participated in several events at the meeting, including a full day Teacher’s Seminar and Workshop.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation