Pharmacy Graduate Receives American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy Award
Wegmans School of Pharmacy graduate Rosemary Garbowski ’11, recently received the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Walmart Scholarship Award, and attended the AACP’s annual meeting in San Antonio from July 9-13. She applied for the scholarship while she was still enrolled at the College.
The award is designed to support students who are interested in a career in academic pharmacy, and provides 75 student-faculty pairs from AACP member institutions with a $1,000 scholarship to support meeting registration and expenses. The goal of the program is to strengthen the recipient’s skills and commitment to a career in academic pharmacy through participation at the annual meetings and seminars.
Dr. Jennifer Mathews, Assistant Professor in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy and Garbowski’s faculty mentor, also attended the meeting. Together, they participated in several events at the meeting, including a full day Teacher’s Seminar and Workshop.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Awards Recognize Excellence within the School of Pharmacy
- Unither Scholars Program Benefits Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students
- Pharmacy School Gives Back during Day of Service
- Student Research Takes Center Stage this Month
- Pharmacy Faculty Collaborate with Bioscience Company on Research Project
- Chablani Published in Pharmaceutical Science Newsmagazine
- Goin’ Bald for Bucks Raises $5K for Youth Cancer Support Programs
- Pharmacy Professor’s Mission: Improve LGBT Patient Care
- Pharmacy Students’ Licensing Exam Pass Rates First in the State
- Faculty Collaboration Nets NIH-Funded Case Study Project