Pharmacy Graduate Receives American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy Award
Wegmans School of Pharmacy graduate Rosemary Garbowski ’11, recently received the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Walmart Scholarship Award, and attended the AACP’s annual meeting in San Antonio from July 9-13. She applied for the scholarship while she was still enrolled at the College.
The award is designed to support students who are interested in a career in academic pharmacy, and provides 75 student-faculty pairs from AACP member institutions with a $1,000 scholarship to support meeting registration and expenses. The goal of the program is to strengthen the recipient’s skills and commitment to a career in academic pharmacy through participation at the annual meetings and seminars.
Dr. Jennifer Mathews, Assistant Professor in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy and Garbowski’s faculty mentor, also attended the meeting. Together, they participated in several events at the meeting, including a full day Teacher’s Seminar and Workshop.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Fisher Receives $410,000 Higher Ed Capital Funding for Science Building
- Pharmacy/MBA Students Win State Business Competition
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Walgreens Representative Presents Check for Diversity Scholarship
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Hosts Pharmacist Training Session on Medical Marijuana
- Pharmacy Student Wins Poster Competition at International Conference
- White Coat Ceremony Marks Milestone for Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class
- Dave, Zhao Receive Research Grants
- Juba Wins Paper Presentation Competition at Clinical Pharmacy Conference
- Lull and Mathews Present Research at Gay and Lesbian Medical Association Conference