Pharmacy Graduate Receives American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy Award
Wegmans School of Pharmacy graduate Rosemary Garbowski ’11, recently received the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Walmart Scholarship Award, and attended the AACP’s annual meeting in San Antonio from July 9-13. She applied for the scholarship while she was still enrolled at the College.
The award is designed to support students who are interested in a career in academic pharmacy, and provides 75 student-faculty pairs from AACP member institutions with a $1,000 scholarship to support meeting registration and expenses. The goal of the program is to strengthen the recipient’s skills and commitment to a career in academic pharmacy through participation at the annual meetings and seminars.
Dr. Jennifer Mathews, Assistant Professor in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy and Garbowski’s faculty mentor, also attended the meeting. Together, they participated in several events at the meeting, including a full day Teacher’s Seminar and Workshop.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Day of Service, Awards Ceremony Cap-Off Academic Year for Pharmacy School
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Swigart Posthumously Honored at Rochester Pharmacy Gala
- Pharmacy Students Travel to Pune, India
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Receives White Coats
- Birnie Named Interim Dean, Wegmans School of Pharmacy
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Wegmans School of Pharmacy Founding Dean, Dr. Scott Swigart
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award