Pharmacy Graduate Receives American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy Award
Wegmans School of Pharmacy graduate Rosemary Garbowski ’11, recently received the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) Walmart Scholarship Award, and attended the AACP’s annual meeting in San Antonio from July 9-13. She applied for the scholarship while she was still enrolled at the College.
The award is designed to support students who are interested in a career in academic pharmacy, and provides 75 student-faculty pairs from AACP member institutions with a $1,000 scholarship to support meeting registration and expenses. The goal of the program is to strengthen the recipient’s skills and commitment to a career in academic pharmacy through participation at the annual meetings and seminars.
Dr. Jennifer Mathews, Assistant Professor in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy and Garbowski’s faculty mentor, also attended the meeting. Together, they participated in several events at the meeting, including a full day Teacher’s Seminar and Workshop.
Latest Pharmacy News
- A Voice for the Community: Pharmacy Professor Serves on Advisory Board for Global HIV Vaccine Study
- Phillips Installed as President of Regional Health-Systems Pharmacist Council
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Pilot Program Leads to Successful Residency Matches
- Ahead of the Class: Pharm.D. Grad Qualifies for Second Year Residency, Board Certification
- P4 Students Engage in International Clinical Rotations
- Health Fair Delivers Medical Care to Refugees in Rochester
- School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding Ceremony
- Professor Shares Clinical Pharmacy Best Practices with India University
- Pharmacy Students Participate in Albany Legislative Day
- Awards Recognize Excellence within the School of Pharmacy