Pharmacy Prof to Serve as Reviewer
Jill Lavigne, Ph.D., M.P.H., Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice and Administration, has been invited to serve as a reviewer for the federally funded Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI). PCORI is authorized by Congress to conduct research to provide information about the best available evidence to help patients and their health care providers make more informed decisions.
PCORI’s research is intended to give patients a better understanding of the prevention, treatment, and care options available, and the science that supports those options. To identify and fund the best possible research projects, PCORI’s goal is to recruit and develop a group of reviewers who are well qualified and respected in their fields. In addition, PCORI needs reviewers who are willing to become familiar with and help apply the organization’s distinctive review criteria. PCORI identified Dr. Lavigne as someone with particular expertise in one or more of the current PCORI funding announcement areas and invited her to participate in the upcoming 2012 review process.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Pharmacy Professor Fosters Research Partnership with Indian University
- Fisher Receives $410,000 Higher Ed Capital Funding for Science Building
- Pharmacy/MBA Students Win State Business Competition
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Walgreens Representative Presents Check for Diversity Scholarship
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Hosts Pharmacist Training Session on Medical Marijuana
- Pharmacy Student Wins Poster Competition at International Conference
- White Coat Ceremony Marks Milestone for Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class
- Dave, Zhao Receive Research Grants
- Juba Wins Paper Presentation Competition at Clinical Pharmacy Conference