Pharmacy Prof to Serve as Reviewer
Jill Lavigne, Ph.D., M.P.H., Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice and Administration, has been invited to serve as a reviewer for the federally funded Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI). PCORI is authorized by Congress to conduct research to provide information about the best available evidence to help patients and their health care providers make more informed decisions.
PCORI’s research is intended to give patients a better understanding of the prevention, treatment, and care options available, and the science that supports those options. To identify and fund the best possible research projects, PCORI’s goal is to recruit and develop a group of reviewers who are well qualified and respected in their fields. In addition, PCORI needs reviewers who are willing to become familiar with and help apply the organization’s distinctive review criteria. PCORI identified Dr. Lavigne as someone with particular expertise in one or more of the current PCORI funding announcement areas and invited her to participate in the upcoming 2012 review process.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Juba Wins Paper Presentation Competition at Clinical Pharmacy Conference
- Lull and Mathews Present Research at Gay and Lesbian Medical Association Conference
- Dave Appointed to United States Pharmacopeia Committee
- St. John Fisher College Pharmacy Faculty Study Effects of New Dispensing Device on Medication Adherence
- First Early Assurance Cohort Begins Coursework at Wegmans School of Pharmacy
- Williams Appointed General Counsel of the American Foundation for Pharmaceutical Education
- Service Trips Defining Experience for Pharmacy Students
- Grant Funds Substance Abuse Screening and Intervention Training for Pharmacy, Nursing, and Mental Health Counseling Students
- Fisher Celebrates Opening of New Integrated Science and Health Sciences Building
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program