Pharmacy Prof to Serve as Reviewer
Jill Lavigne, Ph.D., M.P.H., Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice and Administration, has been invited to serve as a reviewer for the federally funded Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI). PCORI is authorized by Congress to conduct research to provide information about the best available evidence to help patients and their health care providers make more informed decisions.
PCORI’s research is intended to give patients a better understanding of the prevention, treatment, and care options available, and the science that supports those options. To identify and fund the best possible research projects, PCORI’s goal is to recruit and develop a group of reviewers who are well qualified and respected in their fields. In addition, PCORI needs reviewers who are willing to become familiar with and help apply the organization’s distinctive review criteria. PCORI identified Dr. Lavigne as someone with particular expertise in one or more of the current PCORI funding announcement areas and invited her to participate in the upcoming 2012 review process.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Health Fair Delivers Medical Care to Refugees in Rochester
- School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding Ceremony
- Professor Shares Clinical Pharmacy Best Practices with India University
- Pharmacy Students Participate in Albany Legislative Day
- Awards Recognize Excellence within the School of Pharmacy
- Unither Scholars Program Benefits Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students
- Pharmacy School Gives Back during Day of Service
- Student Research Takes Center Stage this Month
- Pharmacy Faculty Collaborate with Bioscience Company on Research Project
- Chablani Published in Pharmaceutical Science Newsmagazine