American Society of Health System Pharmacists’ Students Compete in Clinical Skills Competition
The Wegmans School of Pharmacy’s student chapter of the American Society of Health System Pharmacists (ASHP) recently participated in the national society’s annual skills competition on October 27.
The competition challenges students to put their knowledge to the test and compete to develop the best pharmaceutical care plan for a hypothetical patient.
P4 students Ellen Arutunian and Alex Danforth were named the winners. They will attend the ASHP mid-year meeting in Las Vegas to represent the Wegmans School of Pharmacy in the annual competition December 1, and will compete against the winners of chapters from pharmacy schools across the nation.
The top 10 winners at the national competition will receive an iPod touch with access to lexi-complete (an expensive drug reference software) and pharm-prep online (preparation for the licensure exam).
ASHP promotes student interest in hospital pharmacy and features an annual midyear meeting where students meet potential residency sites.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Day of Service, Awards Ceremony Cap-Off Academic Year for Pharmacy School
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Swigart Posthumously Honored at Rochester Pharmacy Gala
- Pharmacy Students Travel to Pune, India
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Receives White Coats
- Birnie Named Interim Dean, Wegmans School of Pharmacy
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Wegmans School of Pharmacy Founding Dean, Dr. Scott Swigart
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award