Pharmacy Faculty and Student Research Selected for International Forum Presentation
Dr. Jill Lavigne, Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice and Administration in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, and student Colleen Schwartzmeyer had their original research paper selected for the International Forum for Healthcare Improvement: Solutions for Tough Times Forum, which took place in Paris, France, on April 17. Lavigne traveled to the forum to present their work.
The pair’s research focused on implementing hand hygiene in pharmacy education. A total of 1 in 3 abstracts were selected by peer-review for presentation from more than 22 countries, and more than 2,000 faculty attended.
The forum aims to improve outcomes for patients and communities, provide practical ideas that can be implemented in the workplace, promote research into quality and safety improvement, foster effective innovation, and connect health care leaders and practitioners worldwide. It was sponsored by BMJ Group and the Institute for Healthcare Improvement in France.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation for Continuing Professional Education Program
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship
- Professor, Student Publish Manuscript in Journal of Pharmacy Practice
- Pharmacy Professor Tapped to Join Monroe County Asthma Advisory Committee
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Day of Service, Awards Ceremony Cap-Off Academic Year for Pharmacy School
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Swigart Posthumously Honored at Rochester Pharmacy Gala