Pharmacy Faculty and Student Research Selected for International Forum Presentation
Dr. Jill Lavigne, Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice and Administration in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, and student Colleen Schwartzmeyer had their original research paper selected for the International Forum for Healthcare Improvement: Solutions for Tough Times Forum, which took place in Paris, France, on April 17. Lavigne traveled to the forum to present their work.
The pair’s research focused on implementing hand hygiene in pharmacy education. A total of 1 in 3 abstracts were selected by peer-review for presentation from more than 22 countries, and more than 2,000 faculty attended.
The forum aims to improve outcomes for patients and communities, provide practical ideas that can be implemented in the workplace, promote research into quality and safety improvement, foster effective innovation, and connect health care leaders and practitioners worldwide. It was sponsored by BMJ Group and the Institute for Healthcare Improvement in France.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation