Pharmacy Faculty and Student Research Selected for International Forum Presentation
Dr. Jill Lavigne, Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice and Administration in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, and student Colleen Schwartzmeyer had their original research paper selected for the International Forum for Healthcare Improvement: Solutions for Tough Times Forum, which took place in Paris, France, on April 17. Lavigne traveled to the forum to present their work.
The pair’s research focused on implementing hand hygiene in pharmacy education. A total of 1 in 3 abstracts were selected by peer-review for presentation from more than 22 countries, and more than 2,000 faculty attended.
The forum aims to improve outcomes for patients and communities, provide practical ideas that can be implemented in the workplace, promote research into quality and safety improvement, foster effective innovation, and connect health care leaders and practitioners worldwide. It was sponsored by BMJ Group and the Institute for Healthcare Improvement in France.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy, Senator Rich Funke, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals Launch Safe Medication Disposal Campaign
- Parkhill Honored for Work with 13Thirty Cancer Connect
- National Pharmacy Week Celebrates the Profession
- Pharmacy Profession Celebrated on Good Day Rochester
- Symposium Explores Integrative Medicine for Holistic Care
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Celebrates 10 Years
- Service Trips a Passion for School of Pharmacy
- Pharmacy Students Plan Health Care Fair for Vets
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam