Pharmacy Faculty Members Receives National Award
Drs. Ashley Woodruff and Lisa Avery, faculty in the St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Pharmacy, recently won a New Investigator Award from the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP).
The awards support new faculty research in multidisciplinary areas such as biological sciences, chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, pharmacy practice, and social and administrative sciences. Woodruff and Avery won for their research interests in studying antimicrobials in patients with obesity. She was one of 18 winners nationwide.
As a recipient, Woodruff and Avery will receive start-up funding for their research program. The AACP provides up to $10,000 to each winner, who are all starting their academic careers at an ACPE accredited college or school of pharmacy. Additionally, they will receive $1,000 from AACP to travel and present their findings at the AACP Annual Meeting in Chicago, Illinois next year.
"The award supports new faculty interested in generating meaningful research data and also provides them with the initial funding they need to approach other potential funders to support their research," said Dr. Vincent Lau, vice president of research and graduate education at AACP. "This year, we were pleased to have an exceptionally strong field of applicants. We believe that each of the award-winning projects has great potential to inform pharmacy science and improve healthcare."
Founded in 1900, the AACP is a national organization representing the interests of pharmacy education and educators. Comprising 124 accredited colleges and schools of pharmacy with more than 6,000 faculty and 60,000 students, AACP is committed to excellence in pharmacy education.
Latest Pharmacy News
- National Pharmacy Week Celebrates the Profession
- Pharmacy Profession Celebrated on Good Day Rochester
- Symposium Explores Integrative Medicine for Holistic Care
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Celebrates 10 Years
- Service Trips a Passion for School of Pharmacy
- Pharmacy Students Plan Health Care Fair for Vets
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam
- A Voice for the Community: Pharmacy Professor Serves on Advisory Board for Global HIV Vaccine Study
- Phillips Installed as President of Regional Health-Systems Pharmacist Council