Pharmacy Faculty Members Receives National Award
Drs. Ashley Woodruff and Lisa Avery, faculty in the St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Pharmacy, recently won a New Investigator Award from the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP).
The awards support new faculty research in multidisciplinary areas such as biological sciences, chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, pharmacy practice, and social and administrative sciences. Woodruff and Avery won for their research interests in studying antimicrobials in patients with obesity. She was one of 18 winners nationwide.
As a recipient, Woodruff and Avery will receive start-up funding for their research program. The AACP provides up to $10,000 to each winner, who are all starting their academic careers at an ACPE accredited college or school of pharmacy. Additionally, they will receive $1,000 from AACP to travel and present their findings at the AACP Annual Meeting in Chicago, Illinois next year.
"The award supports new faculty interested in generating meaningful research data and also provides them with the initial funding they need to approach other potential funders to support their research," said Dr. Vincent Lau, vice president of research and graduate education at AACP. "This year, we were pleased to have an exceptionally strong field of applicants. We believe that each of the award-winning projects has great potential to inform pharmacy science and improve healthcare."
Founded in 1900, the AACP is a national organization representing the interests of pharmacy education and educators. Comprising 124 accredited colleges and schools of pharmacy with more than 6,000 faculty and 60,000 students, AACP is committed to excellence in pharmacy education.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Day of Service, Awards Ceremony Cap-Off Academic Year for Pharmacy School
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Swigart Posthumously Honored at Rochester Pharmacy Gala
- Pharmacy Students Travel to Pune, India
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Receives White Coats
- Birnie Named Interim Dean, Wegmans School of Pharmacy
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Wegmans School of Pharmacy Founding Dean, Dr. Scott Swigart
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award