Two Pharmacy Student Organizations Collaborate on CV Review Event
The Wegmans School of Pharmacy’s student chapters of the American Society of Health System Pharmacists (ASHP) and the American Pharmacists Association (APHA) hosted a CV (curriculum vitae) review event for students who are in the market for internships, residencies, and even their first jobs.
The event was held on October 9, and was attended by students across all four class years. Faculty reviewed CVs, providing critical and insightful feedback not only about the content, but also about the acceptable and appropriate format.
Erich Weiss, a P3 student who serves as the ASHP Historian and APHA Patient Counseling Competition Coordinator, was one of the organizers.
“A superior CV is an essential part of any job or residency application,” said Weiss. “The professional advice offered by the faculty provides students the ability to create the strongest CV possible, preparing them for the intense competition that exists for pharmacy residencies and jobs.”
Participating faculty included Drs. Katharine Juba, Anne Schweighardt, Ashley Woodruff, Ashley Zuppelli, Brooke Lowry, Alex DeLucenay, and Andrea Traina.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Juba Wins Paper Presentation Competition at Clinical Pharmacy Conference
- Lull and Mathews Present Research at Gay and Lesbian Medical Association Conference
- Dave Appointed to United States Pharmacopeia Committee
- St. John Fisher College Pharmacy Faculty Study Effects of New Dispensing Device on Medication Adherence
- First Early Assurance Cohort Begins Coursework at Wegmans School of Pharmacy
- Williams Appointed General Counsel of the American Foundation for Pharmaceutical Education
- Service Trips Defining Experience for Pharmacy Students
- Grant Funds Substance Abuse Screening and Intervention Training for Pharmacy, Nursing, and Mental Health Counseling Students
- Fisher Celebrates Opening of New Integrated Science and Health Sciences Building
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program