Rider Receives Pharmacy Society of Rochester Scholarship
Taylor Rider, a P2 student in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, received a $1,000 scholarship from the Pharmacy Society of Rochester (PSR) during the Society’s Gala on February 2 at Ridgemont Country Club.
The Society requires applicants to submit an essay on a different theme each year, and this year’s theme posed the question, “What do you believe is the most important reason to belong to a professional society?” Rider’s essay helped land her the scholarship.
Scholarship recipients must also show strong leadership qualities, be active in both local and state pharmacy societies, and have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Dr. Karl Williams, Associate Professor and Acting Associate Chair, Department of Pharmacy Practice & Administration, is currently serving as the President of PSR.
PSR is an affiliate of the Pharmacists Society of the State of New York and represents the pharmacists of Monroe County and the five surrounding counties including Cayuga, Livingston, Ontario, Seneca, and Yates.
Latest Pharmacy News
- A Voice for the Community: Pharmacy Professor Serves on Advisory Board for Global HIV Vaccine Study
- Phillips Installed as President of Regional Health-Systems Pharmacist Council
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Pilot Program Leads to Successful Residency Matches
- Ahead of the Class: Pharm.D. Grad Qualifies for Second Year Residency, Board Certification
- P4 Students Engage in International Clinical Rotations
- Health Fair Delivers Medical Care to Refugees in Rochester
- School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding Ceremony
- Professor Shares Clinical Pharmacy Best Practices with India University
- Pharmacy Students Participate in Albany Legislative Day
- Awards Recognize Excellence within the School of Pharmacy