Rider Receives Pharmacy Society of Rochester Scholarship
Taylor Rider, a P2 student in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, received a $1,000 scholarship from the Pharmacy Society of Rochester (PSR) during the Society’s Gala on February 2 at Ridgemont Country Club.
The Society requires applicants to submit an essay on a different theme each year, and this year’s theme posed the question, “What do you believe is the most important reason to belong to a professional society?” Rider’s essay helped land her the scholarship.
Scholarship recipients must also show strong leadership qualities, be active in both local and state pharmacy societies, and have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Dr. Karl Williams, Associate Professor and Acting Associate Chair, Department of Pharmacy Practice & Administration, is currently serving as the President of PSR.
PSR is an affiliate of the Pharmacists Society of the State of New York and represents the pharmacists of Monroe County and the five surrounding counties including Cayuga, Livingston, Ontario, Seneca, and Yates.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Service Trips Defining Experience for Pharmacy Students
- Grant Funds Substance Abuse Screening and Intervention Training for Pharmacy, Nursing, and Mental Health Counseling Students
- Fisher Celebrates Opening of New Integrated Science and Health Sciences Building
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation for Continuing Professional Education Program
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship
- Professor, Student Publish Manuscript in Journal of Pharmacy Practice
- Pharmacy Professor Tapped to Join Monroe County Asthma Advisory Committee
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards