Pharmacy Student Receives Scholarship
Margaret Helber, a second-year student in the St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Pharmacy, was recently awarded the Pharmacy Society of Rochester Scholarship for 2012.
Dr. Karl Williams, Associate Professor of Pharmacy, is currently serving as President of the Pharmacy Society of Rochester, and presented Helber with the scholarship at the Society’s January 29th meeting.
As the recipient of the scholarship, Helber received $1,000.00. The award is given to a student who has an interest in community pharmacy practice. Candidates are also judged on a submitted essay written on an industry topic.
The Pharmacy Society of Rochester is an affiliate of the Pharmacists Society of the State of New York. It represents pharmacists of Monroe, Cayuga, Livingston, Ontario, Seneca, and Yates counties. The Society provides ongoing educational programs for members to assist them in fulfilling continuing education requirements for New York State and other states they might be licensed in.
Latest Pharmacy News
- A Voice for the Community: Pharmacy Professor Serves on Advisory Board for Global HIV Vaccine Study
- Phillips Installed as President of Regional Health-Systems Pharmacist Council
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Pilot Program Leads to Successful Residency Matches
- Ahead of the Class: Pharm.D. Grad Qualifies for Second Year Residency, Board Certification
- P4 Students Engage in International Clinical Rotations
- Health Fair Delivers Medical Care to Refugees in Rochester
- School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding Ceremony
- Professor Shares Clinical Pharmacy Best Practices with India University
- Pharmacy Students Participate in Albany Legislative Day
- Awards Recognize Excellence within the School of Pharmacy