Pharmacy Student Receives Scholarship
Margaret Helber, a second-year student in the St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Pharmacy, was recently awarded the Pharmacy Society of Rochester Scholarship for 2012.
Dr. Karl Williams, Associate Professor of Pharmacy, is currently serving as President of the Pharmacy Society of Rochester, and presented Helber with the scholarship at the Society’s January 29th meeting.
As the recipient of the scholarship, Helber received $1,000.00. The award is given to a student who has an interest in community pharmacy practice. Candidates are also judged on a submitted essay written on an industry topic.
The Pharmacy Society of Rochester is an affiliate of the Pharmacists Society of the State of New York. It represents pharmacists of Monroe, Cayuga, Livingston, Ontario, Seneca, and Yates counties. The Society provides ongoing educational programs for members to assist them in fulfilling continuing education requirements for New York State and other states they might be licensed in.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Pharmacy Professor Fosters Research Partnership with Indian University
- Fisher Receives $410,000 Higher Ed Capital Funding for Science Building
- Pharmacy/MBA Students Win State Business Competition
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Walgreens Representative Presents Check for Diversity Scholarship
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Hosts Pharmacist Training Session on Medical Marijuana
- Pharmacy Student Wins Poster Competition at International Conference
- White Coat Ceremony Marks Milestone for Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class
- Dave, Zhao Receive Research Grants
- Juba Wins Paper Presentation Competition at Clinical Pharmacy Conference