Pharmacy Student Receives Scholarship
Margaret Helber, a second-year student in the St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Pharmacy, was recently awarded the Pharmacy Society of Rochester Scholarship for 2012.
Dr. Karl Williams, Associate Professor of Pharmacy, is currently serving as President of the Pharmacy Society of Rochester, and presented Helber with the scholarship at the Society’s January 29th meeting.
As the recipient of the scholarship, Helber received $1,000.00. The award is given to a student who has an interest in community pharmacy practice. Candidates are also judged on a submitted essay written on an industry topic.
The Pharmacy Society of Rochester is an affiliate of the Pharmacists Society of the State of New York. It represents pharmacists of Monroe, Cayuga, Livingston, Ontario, Seneca, and Yates counties. The Society provides ongoing educational programs for members to assist them in fulfilling continuing education requirements for New York State and other states they might be licensed in.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy, Senator Rich Funke, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals Launch Safe Medication Disposal Campaign
- Parkhill Honored for Work with 13Thirty Cancer Connect
- National Pharmacy Week Celebrates the Profession
- Pharmacy Profession Celebrated on Good Day Rochester
- Symposium Explores Integrative Medicine for Holistic Care
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Celebrates 10 Years
- Service Trips a Passion for School of Pharmacy
- Pharmacy Students Plan Health Care Fair for Vets
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam