Pharmacy Student Receives Scholarship
Margaret Helber, a second-year student in the St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Pharmacy, was recently awarded the Pharmacy Society of Rochester Scholarship for 2012.
Dr. Karl Williams, Associate Professor of Pharmacy, is currently serving as President of the Pharmacy Society of Rochester, and presented Helber with the scholarship at the Society’s January 29th meeting.
As the recipient of the scholarship, Helber received $1,000.00. The award is given to a student who has an interest in community pharmacy practice. Candidates are also judged on a submitted essay written on an industry topic.
The Pharmacy Society of Rochester is an affiliate of the Pharmacists Society of the State of New York. It represents pharmacists of Monroe, Cayuga, Livingston, Ontario, Seneca, and Yates counties. The Society provides ongoing educational programs for members to assist them in fulfilling continuing education requirements for New York State and other states they might be licensed in.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation