Pharmacy Student Receives Scholarship
Margaret Helber, a second-year student in the St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Pharmacy, was recently awarded the Pharmacy Society of Rochester Scholarship for 2012.
Dr. Karl Williams, Associate Professor of Pharmacy, is currently serving as President of the Pharmacy Society of Rochester, and presented Helber with the scholarship at the Society’s January 29th meeting.
As the recipient of the scholarship, Helber received $1,000.00. The award is given to a student who has an interest in community pharmacy practice. Candidates are also judged on a submitted essay written on an industry topic.
The Pharmacy Society of Rochester is an affiliate of the Pharmacists Society of the State of New York. It represents pharmacists of Monroe, Cayuga, Livingston, Ontario, Seneca, and Yates counties. The Society provides ongoing educational programs for members to assist them in fulfilling continuing education requirements for New York State and other states they might be licensed in.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Awards Recognize Excellence within the School of Pharmacy
- Unither Scholars Program Benefits Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students
- Pharmacy School Gives Back during Day of Service
- Student Research Takes Center Stage this Month
- Pharmacy Faculty Collaborate with Bioscience Company on Research Project
- Chablani Published in Pharmaceutical Science Newsmagazine
- Goin’ Bald for Bucks Raises $5K for Youth Cancer Support Programs
- Pharmacy Professor’s Mission: Improve LGBT Patient Care
- Pharmacy Students’ Licensing Exam Pass Rates First in the State
- Faculty Collaboration Nets NIH-Funded Case Study Project