Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
The Wegmans School of Pharmacy held its hooding ceremony for 77 graduates on May 9, and honored 30 of them with additional prestigious awards.
The winners included:
Deans Circle Award – Given to students whose GPA was in the top 10% of the class.
Recipients: Janene Bonacci, Kristin Haas, Lara Kratochwill, Na Li, Tia Lum, Alyssa Pignato, David Verdine, and Katie Viele.
Teva Outstanding Achievement Award – Given to a student who demonstrated outstanding achievement.
Recipient: David Verdine
Facts and Comparisons Award of Excellence in Clinical Communication – For a student who is in the top 25% of the class and demonstrated superior verbal and written skills.
Recipient: Brian Choi
Mylan Excellence in Pharmacy Awards – Presented to a student who is in the top 25% of the class, and who has demonstrated high professional motivation and a unique ability to communicate drug information.
Recipient: Nicholas Segona
Lilly Achievement Award – Given to a student who has demonstrated superior scholastic and professional achievement.
Recipient: Margaret Helber
Merck Award – Presented to two students who have demonstrated excellence in clinical skills and time management.
Recipients: Lara Kratochwill and Rachel Saroka
Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database Graduation Award – Awarded to a student who has demonstrated efforts to minimize adverse effects due to inappropriate use of natural medicines and encourage an evidence-based approach to natural medicines.
Recipients: Alyssa Pignato and Amy Thien
McKesson Leadership Award – Given to a student who demonstrated critical leadership skills in the program.
Recipient: Stacy Cairns
American Institute of the History of Pharmacy – Presented to a student who displayed excellence in pharmaceutical history.
Recipient: John Banahene
APhA-ASP Senior Recognition Certificate – Given to the student who made the greatest contribution to the Wegmans School of Pharmacy APhA-ASP Student Chapter.
Recipient: Daniel Austin
Natural Standard Research Collaboration Award – Given to a graduating student who has demonstrated excellence in one or more of the following areas: perpetuating multidisciplinary, evidence-based research practices; or healthcare communication/information.
Recipient: Sean Stainton
PSSNY Award – Given to a student who took leadership roles in activities with the Pharmacists Society of the State of New York.
Recipient: Alexandra Pullano
USPHS Excellence in Public Health Pharmacy Practice Award – Given to a student who has been recognized for their contributions to public health pharmacy practice. The award winner is also recognized for their involvement in public health issues in their community.
Recipient: Randy Rahiman
Excellence in Experiential Education – Given to the top 10% of students for their Core rotations.
Recipients: Stacy Cairns, Lara Kratochwill, Kari Kurtzhalts, Alyssa Pignato, Nicholas Sigona, Hiang To, Katie Viele, and Christian Volk.
During the hooding, the class also presented the School with a class contribution which will help fund scholarships for incoming pharmacy students.
Find more photos from the ceremony on the College's Facebook page.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Juba Wins Paper Presentation Competition at Clinical Pharmacy Conference
- Lull and Mathews Present Research at Gay and Lesbian Medical Association Conference
- Dave Appointed to United States Pharmacopeia Committee
- St. John Fisher College Pharmacy Faculty Study Effects of New Dispensing Device on Medication Adherence
- First Early Assurance Cohort Begins Coursework at Wegmans School of Pharmacy
- Williams Appointed General Counsel of the American Foundation for Pharmaceutical Education
- Service Trips Defining Experience for Pharmacy Students
- Grant Funds Substance Abuse Screening and Intervention Training for Pharmacy, Nursing, and Mental Health Counseling Students
- Fisher Celebrates Opening of New Integrated Science and Health Sciences Building
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program