Nursing Learning Resource Center
The Learning Resource Center is designed to provide guided instruction for junior and senior nursing students, as well as to provide resources for graduate students. The new state of the art facility contains three major nursing laboratories; Nursing Arts, Primary Care, and Critical Care Simulation.
- The Nursing Arts Lab is an undergraduate skills laboratory with equipment, supplies and mannequins for practice of technical skills in simulated hospital or nursing home settings.
- The Primary Care Lab is a health assessment laboratory with examination tables and equipment typically found in ambulatory care settings.
- The Critical Care Simulation lab utilizes computer-controlled mannequins to challenge students with realistic, dynamic, care situations.
- Two large computer labs and a video conferencing-equipped seminar room are also housed in the new Wegmans School of Nursing building, which is equipped for wireless internet access.
- The campus library houses a large collection of books, periodicals, and audiovisual resources, which support the nursing curriculum. A reference librarian assigned to the School is familiar with nursing literature and research databases and provides library instruction for all programs.