Countdown to Commencement – Brendan Kennedy
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Brendan Kennedy. He was nominated by Kara Crosson, Residence Director, Murphy Hall.
Kennedy, a Nursing major, is currently a Student Ambassador, the Wegmans School of Nursing Senator on the Student Government Association (SGA) Senate, and a member of Measure 13. During his time at Fisher, he has also been a Resident Assistant (RA), President of the Outdoors Club, and member of Fisher Players.
“I will remember Brendan’s humor and his love for Fisher. He has brought a lot of great ideas to Fisher. Brendan integrates his academics and involvement well – especially by serving as a Senator for SGA,” said Crosson.
Kennedy has left quite an impact on Fisher. Through his RA work in Haffey Hall, he worked directly with freshmen to create a welcoming and beneficial community. Kennedy also brought back the Outdoors Club, which gave students interested in the outdoors an outlet to participate in a variety of programs.
Crosson said Kennedy has not only impacted the Fisher students, but has also had an impact on her.
“I have known Brendan for the three years I’ve worked here, and he has always shown me the different aspects of a Fisher student. I admire the way he focuses on his academics, recognizing the importance of them on his future life developments,” said Crosson.
Latest Nursing News
- Internships Immerse Students in the Life of a Nurse
- Nursing Alumna Given Future Nurse Leader Award
- 2016 Nursing Graduates Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on Licensure Exam
- Mental Health Counseling Program Earns Recognition from Trade Website
- Nursing Faculty Offer Expertise at Regional Simulation Conference
- Hooding Ceremony Recognizes Nursing Grads
- Wegmans School of Nursing Takes Pledge on Opioid Education as Announced at the White House
- Kiweewa Awarded Visiting Professorship to Ugandan University
- Student Research Takes Center Stage this Month
- Summer Online @ Fisher is Back