Countdown to Commencement – Brendan Kennedy
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Brendan Kennedy. He was nominated by Kara Crosson, Residence Director, Murphy Hall.
Kennedy, a Nursing major, is currently a Student Ambassador, the Wegmans School of Nursing Senator on the Student Government Association (SGA) Senate, and a member of Measure 13. During his time at Fisher, he has also been a Resident Assistant (RA), President of the Outdoors Club, and member of Fisher Players.
“I will remember Brendan’s humor and his love for Fisher. He has brought a lot of great ideas to Fisher. Brendan integrates his academics and involvement well – especially by serving as a Senator for SGA,” said Crosson.
Kennedy has left quite an impact on Fisher. Through his RA work in Haffey Hall, he worked directly with freshmen to create a welcoming and beneficial community. Kennedy also brought back the Outdoors Club, which gave students interested in the outdoors an outlet to participate in a variety of programs.
Crosson said Kennedy has not only impacted the Fisher students, but has also had an impact on her.
“I have known Brendan for the three years I’ve worked here, and he has always shown me the different aspects of a Fisher student. I admire the way he focuses on his academics, recognizing the importance of them on his future life developments,” said Crosson.
Latest Nursing News
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Nursing Students Spend Summer in Internships Learning Patient Care and More
- Grant Funds Substance Abuse Screening and Intervention Training for Pharmacy, Nursing, and Mental Health Counseling Students
- Fisher Celebrates Opening of New Integrated Science and Health Sciences Building
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Markwick Elected President of Monroe County Health Department Board of Directors
- Cooney Miner Selected to Participate in Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference