Helene Fuld Health Trust Assists St. John Fisher College Nursing Students with Education
On Thursday, March 10, Helene Fuld Health Trust Representative Marianne Caskran visited the St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to meet with recipients of the Helene Fuld Scholarship program. In 2008, the Wegmans School of Nursing received a $750,000 grant from the Trust in support of scholarships for top baccalaureate junior and senior nursing students.
During the visit, Caskran visited with the Fuld Scholars and toured the Wegmans School of Nursing, including the state-of-the-art simulation lab.
"The Wegmans School of Nursing is grateful and honored to the Helene Fuld Trust for its support of our nursing program and the St. John Fisher College endowment," said Dr. Dianne Cooney Miner, Dean, Wegmans School of Nursing. "Fuld funds have been used to provide scholarship support to a group of extraordinary undergraduate students who have shown great promise based on their academic excellence, commitment to the profession, and service to the Fisher and Rochester communities."
The Helene Fuld Health Trust is the nation's largest private funder devoted exclusively to nursing students and nursing education. The mission is to support and promote the health, welfare, and education of student nurses.
In 1935, Dr. Leonhard Felix Fuld and his sister, Florentine, created a foundation in honor of their mother, Helene. In 1965, the foundation was converted to the Helene Fuld Health Trust, and in 1969, HSBC Bank USA, N.A. became its corporate trustee.
For more information about the Fund, visit www.fuld.org.
Latest Nursing News
- Mental Health Counseling Program Earns Grant to Fund New Training Program
- Fisher Event Registers 60 Bone Marrow Donors
- Three from Fisher Attend Undergraduate Research Programs Institute
- Wegmans School of Nursing Simulation Center Given Prestigious PACE Award by Laerdal Medical
- Nursing Sim Center Featured in Rochester Business Journal
- Markwick Featured on Fox Rochester
- Markwick Named New York State Nurse Practitioner of the Year
- Internships Immerse Students in the Life of a Nurse
- Nursing Alumna Given Future Nurse Leader Award
- 2016 Nursing Graduates Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on Licensure Exam