School of Nursing Celebrates Seniors, Presents Class Gift
On Tuesday, May 7, members of the Wegmans School of Nursing Class of 2013 gathered for the annual Senior Award Luncheon in Cleary Auditorium to honor classmates and reveal the beneficiary of the class gift.
Faculty presented awards to eight students who were nominated by their peers.
The “Caring Award - Teach Me Goodness,” given to the student who continually provides emotional and physical support to both student colleagues and patients regardless of circumstances, was presented to Jill Brown (1st cohort) and Molly Oliver (2nd cohort).
The “Mentorship Award - Teach me Discipline” is given to the student who conducts him/herself in a professional and proficient manner in both theory and practice. The 2013 recipients were Tim Ford and Caley Manual (1st cohort), along with Meghan Brown and Rachel Marino (2nd cohort).
And the “Spirit Award - Teach me Knowledge,” is given to the student who shows dedication to the profession of nursing as evidenced by his/her positive attitude toward learning and excitement to provide for others. This award was presented to Righat Nizghi (1st cohort) and Amie Johnson (2nd cohort).
Faculty also announced that Molly Oliver was elected to be the student speaker at this year’s recognition ceremony.
The luncheon concluded with a surprise $500.00 donation to Sacred Valley Health in Peru, an organization the Wegmans School of Nursing partners with to afford students global clinical opportunities. The funds were raised by the class and presented as the class gift via Skype to the Sacred Valley Health program director in Peru.
2013 award winners.
Wegmans School of Nursing Class of 2013.
Latest Nursing News
- Mental Health Counseling Program Earns Recognition from Trade Website
- Hooding Ceremony Recognizes Nursing Grads
- Wegmans School of Nursing Takes Pledge on Opioid Education as Announced at the White House
- Kiweewa Awarded Visiting Professorship to Ugandan University
- Student Research Takes Center Stage this Month
- Summer Online @ Fisher is Back
- Countdown to Commencement: Sarah Harrington
- Nursing Faculty Duo Present at National Clinical Nurse Specialist Conference
- Nursing Graduate Programs Ranked among Best in Country
- Faculty Collaboration Nets NIH-Funded Case Study Project