Nursing Faculty and Students Present at Ireland Conference
Students and faculty from St. John Fisher College's Wegmans School of Nursing presented at the
30th Annual International Nursing and Midwifery Research & Education Conference at the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland. The conference took place in February.
A group of three faculty members and four students submitted abstracts – all were accepted for presentations:
-"Mechanisms Linking Nurses' Education and Patient Outcomes" presented by Dr. Dianne Cooney Miner, dean
-"Quality & Safety in Nursing Education: Assessing Unit Readiness to be a Dedicated Education Unit" presented by Karen Parker, faculty and Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) student
-"Influence of a Patient Safety Initiative on Perinatal Outcomes and Safety & Teamwork Climate" presented by Dr. Charlene Smith, associate professor
-"Improving Patient Safety Through the Development of a Student Code of Ethics" presented by Dr. Nancy Wilk, assistant professor
-"Sexually Transmitted Infections in the Older Population: Interventions for Clinical Change to Effect Improved Health Outcomes" presented by Mary Alice O'Brien, DNP student
-"DNP Nurse-Managed Hepatitis C Clinic in a Rural Area" presented by Ginger Krebbecks, DNP student
-"C.R.E.A.T.E. Healthy Work Environments" and "Person-Centered Care in an Acute Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program" presented by Judy Walters, DNP student
The conference sessions also included: wound management and tissue viability; nurse and midwife prescribing; oncology nursing; patient safety and safe practice in nursing and midwifery; neonatal and pediatrics; and midwifery.
Pictured L to R: Karen Parker; Dr. Charlene Smith; Dr. Nancy Wilk; Mary Alice O'Brien; Bonnie Walden, CNS Highland Hospital; Ginger Krebbecks; and Judy Walters.
Latest Nursing News
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Classroom Dedication Celebrates a True Fisher Family
- Three at Fisher Named Outstanding Adult Students
- Boev’s Research on Nurse-Physician Collaboration Featured in Publications
- Nursing Student Attends Health Policy Conference
- “The Whole Patient” Panel Coming February 9
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Wegmans School of Nursing Represented at Simulation User Network Conference
- Alumna Shares Journey with Cushing’s Disease with Nursing Students