Sacco Attends National Clinical Nurse Specialist Conference
Tara Sacco, Visiting Assistant Professor in the Wegmans School of Nursing, attended the 2013 Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists (NACNS) Conference in San Antonio, Texas, from March 7-9.
The conference, “The CNS: Leading Innovations for Health Care Change,” attracted over 500 clinical nurse specialists from across the country. Sessions and workshops were focused on: cost savings and quality care initiatives that the CNS brings to the clinical environment; the status of the Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Consensus Model and its impact for the graduating CNS and the established CNS; and new opportunities that have opened as a result of health care reform and the Affordable Care Act.
NACNS was founded in 1995 and strives to enhance and promote the unique and valuable contribution of the clinical nurse specialist to the health and well-being of individuals, families, groups, and communities, and to promote and advance the practice of nursing.
Latest Nursing News
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Nursing Students Spend Summer in Internships Learning Patient Care and More
- Grant Funds Substance Abuse Screening and Intervention Training for Pharmacy, Nursing, and Mental Health Counseling Students
- Fisher Celebrates Opening of New Integrated Science and Health Sciences Building
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Markwick Elected President of Monroe County Health Department Board of Directors
- Cooney Miner Selected to Participate in Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative