Smith Presents at Annual Nursing Convention
Dr. Charlene Smith, Associate Professor, Wegmans School of Nursing, served as a presenter at the National Nursing Staff Development Organization's annual convention in Chicago over the summer.
The presentation, "m-Learning: The 'Podagogy' of Podcasting as a Mobile Teaching Strategy" provided an overview of lecture capture technology, commonly referred to as podcasting, and the pedagogical use of podcasting as a viable teaching strategy in meeting the challenges of deploying educational programming for staff in health care settings separated by distance and time. She described an overview of the terminology, advantages, challenges, and current research regarding the learning outcomes for podcasting as an evidence-based teaching strategy. Convention attendees included nursing professional development specialists and administrators, patient educators, and academic nurse educators from health care facilities across the country and internationally.
Latest Nursing News
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Classroom Dedication Celebrates a True Fisher Family
- Three at Fisher Named Outstanding Adult Students
- Boev’s Research on Nurse-Physician Collaboration Featured in Publications
- Nursing Student Attends Health Policy Conference
- “The Whole Patient” Panel Coming February 9
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Wegmans School of Nursing Represented at Simulation User Network Conference
- Alumna Shares Journey with Cushing’s Disease with Nursing Students