Smith Presents at Annual Nursing Convention
Dr. Charlene Smith, Associate Professor, Wegmans School of Nursing, served as a presenter at the National Nursing Staff Development Organization's annual convention in Chicago over the summer.
The presentation, "m-Learning: The 'Podagogy' of Podcasting as a Mobile Teaching Strategy" provided an overview of lecture capture technology, commonly referred to as podcasting, and the pedagogical use of podcasting as a viable teaching strategy in meeting the challenges of deploying educational programming for staff in health care settings separated by distance and time. She described an overview of the terminology, advantages, challenges, and current research regarding the learning outcomes for podcasting as an evidence-based teaching strategy. Convention attendees included nursing professional development specialists and administrators, patient educators, and academic nurse educators from health care facilities across the country and internationally.
Latest Nursing News
- Cooney Miner Selected to Participate in Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Smith Selected to Edit Nursing Leadership Textbook
- Dambaugh Joins National Chronic Care Task Force
- Nursing Faculty Participate in Cost of Poverty Experience
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony