Dr. Cooney Miner to be Inducted as Fellow in American Academy of Nursing
St. John Fisher College is proud to announce that Dianne Cooney Miner, Ph.D., R.N., CNRN, Dean of the Wegmans School of Nursing, has been selected as one of the 176 nurse leaders that will be inducted as Fellows during the American Academy of Nursing’s 39th Annual Meeting and Conference on October 13, 2012, in Washington, D.C. Composed of the nation’s top nurse researchers, policy makers, scholars, executives, educators, and practitioners, the 2012 cohort is the largest class of inductees yet.
“Selection for membership in the Academy is one of the most prestigious honors in the field of nursing,” said Academy President Joanne Disch, Ph.D., R.N., FAAN. “I congratulate all of the new Fellows and look forward to honoring their accomplishments and welcoming them into the Fellowship this October.”
The Academy is composed of more than 1,800 nurse leaders in education, management, practice, policy, and research. Selection criteria include evidence of significant contributions to nursing and health care and sponsorship by two current Academy Fellows. Applicants are reviewed by a panel comprised of elected and appointed Fellows, and selection is based, in part, on the extent to which nominees’ nursing careers influence health policies and the health and well-being of all. New Fellows will be eligible to use the credentials FAAN (Fellow of the American Academy of Nursing) after their October induction.
Dr. Miner joined Fisher as the Chair of the Department of Nursing in 2003. Prior to her role at Fisher, she was Associate Dean of Undergraduate Programs and a clinical professor at the Decker School of Nursing at Binghamton University (SUNY). Her professional career includes practice in acute and critical care, nursing education, and administration.
Latest Nursing News
- Nursing Students Spend Summer in Internships Learning Patient Care and More
- Grant Funds Substance Abuse Screening and Intervention Training for Pharmacy, Nursing, and Mental Health Counseling Students
- Fisher Celebrates Opening of New Integrated Science and Health Sciences Building
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Markwick Elected President of Monroe County Health Department Board of Directors
- Cooney Miner Selected to Participate in Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation