Visit from Waterford, Ireland Delegation
On Wednesday, April 6, St. John Fisher College welcomed the Mayor of Waterford, Ireland, along with representatives from the Waterford Institute of Technology, for a campus visit.
Dr. Donald Bain, along with the Wegmans School of Nursing's Dean, Dr. Dianne Cooney Miner, Associate Dean, Dr. Marilyn Dollinger, and the Bittner School of Business' Dean, Dr. David Martin, met with Cllr. Mary Roche, the Mayor of Waterford, and Waterford Institute of Technology representatives Mick Bengin and Dr. Thomas O'Toole. The group discussed progress and plans regarding a Nursing Program partnership, as well as international employment opportunities.
Waterford and Rochester have been Sister Cities for 28 years, and have developed relationships that include cultural, educational, charitable, business, civic, and tourism partnerships. The visit by the Waterford Delegation to Fisher was part of a five city Trade Mission to share business information, create networks, and develop relationships.
The visit follows a trip by Dr. Cooney Miner and Professor Mary Collins to the Institute in December, when the pair presented at the "Projecting the Nightingale Legacy into the 21st Century" conference.
From L to R: Dr. Marilyn Dollinger, Mick Bengin, Dr. Dianne Cooney Miner, Cllr. Mary Roche, Dr. Donald Bain, and Dr. Thomas O'Toole
Latest Nursing News
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Markwick Elected President of Monroe County Health Department Board of Directors
- Cooney Miner Selected to Participate in Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Smith Selected to Edit Nursing Leadership Textbook