Visit from Waterford, Ireland Delegation
On Wednesday, April 6, St. John Fisher College welcomed the Mayor of Waterford, Ireland, along with representatives from the Waterford Institute of Technology, for a campus visit.
Dr. Donald Bain, along with the Wegmans School of Nursing's Dean, Dr. Dianne Cooney Miner, Associate Dean, Dr. Marilyn Dollinger, and the Bittner School of Business' Dean, Dr. David Martin, met with Cllr. Mary Roche, the Mayor of Waterford, and Waterford Institute of Technology representatives Mick Bengin and Dr. Thomas O'Toole. The group discussed progress and plans regarding a Nursing Program partnership, as well as international employment opportunities.
Waterford and Rochester have been Sister Cities for 28 years, and have developed relationships that include cultural, educational, charitable, business, civic, and tourism partnerships. The visit by the Waterford Delegation to Fisher was part of a five city Trade Mission to share business information, create networks, and develop relationships.
The visit follows a trip by Dr. Cooney Miner and Professor Mary Collins to the Institute in December, when the pair presented at the "Projecting the Nightingale Legacy into the 21st Century" conference.
From L to R: Dr. Marilyn Dollinger, Mick Bengin, Dr. Dianne Cooney Miner, Cllr. Mary Roche, Dr. Donald Bain, and Dr. Thomas O'Toole
Latest Nursing News
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Nelson-Tuttle Named Advanced Pediatric Nurse of the Year by March of Dimes
- Nursing Student’s Community Bike Program Transforms a Neighborhood
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Nursing Students Spend Summer in Internships Learning Patient Care and More
- Grant Funds Substance Abuse Screening and Intervention Training for Pharmacy, Nursing, and Mental Health Counseling Students
- Fisher Celebrates Opening of New Integrated Science and Health Sciences Building
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland