Visit from Waterford, Ireland Delegation
On Wednesday, April 6, St. John Fisher College welcomed the Mayor of Waterford, Ireland, along with representatives from the Waterford Institute of Technology, for a campus visit.
Dr. Donald Bain, along with the Wegmans School of Nursing's Dean, Dr. Dianne Cooney Miner, Associate Dean, Dr. Marilyn Dollinger, and the Bittner School of Business' Dean, Dr. David Martin, met with Cllr. Mary Roche, the Mayor of Waterford, and Waterford Institute of Technology representatives Mick Bengin and Dr. Thomas O'Toole. The group discussed progress and plans regarding a Nursing Program partnership, as well as international employment opportunities.
Waterford and Rochester have been Sister Cities for 28 years, and have developed relationships that include cultural, educational, charitable, business, civic, and tourism partnerships. The visit by the Waterford Delegation to Fisher was part of a five city Trade Mission to share business information, create networks, and develop relationships.
The visit follows a trip by Dr. Cooney Miner and Professor Mary Collins to the Institute in December, when the pair presented at the "Projecting the Nightingale Legacy into the 21st Century" conference.
From L to R: Dr. Marilyn Dollinger, Mick Bengin, Dr. Dianne Cooney Miner, Cllr. Mary Roche, Dr. Donald Bain, and Dr. Thomas O'Toole
Latest Nursing News
- Hooding Ceremony Recognizes Nursing Grads
- Wegmans School of Nursing Takes Pledge on Opioid Education as Announced at the White House
- Kiweewa Awarded Visiting Professorship to Ugandan University
- Student Research Takes Center Stage this Month
- Summer Online @ Fisher is Back
- Countdown to Commencement: Sarah Harrington
- Nursing Faculty Duo Present at National Clinical Nurse Specialist Conference
- Nursing Graduate Programs Ranked among Best in Country
- Faculty Collaboration Nets NIH-Funded Case Study Project
- Nursing Students Present at Best Practice Sharing Session