Nursing Awards & Honors
The Wegmans School of Nursing recognizes excellence among its graduates through annual awards:
- Wegmans School of Nursing Undergraduate Nursing Leadership Award
- Highest Grade Point Average by a Undergraduate Student in the Traditional Program and in the RN/BS Program
- The Clara H. Wagner Nursing Award for Excellence in Clinical Practice, awarded to a graduating senior of the traditional program
- Awards for the Outstanding Family Nurse Practitioner Student, Clinical Nurse Specialist Student, and Nurse Educator Student.
- Scholarly Achievement Award to the graduate student with the highest grade point average
The Senior Class of the Undergraduate Nursing Program recognizes peers through awards that link the St. John Fisher College motto with life as a nursing student:
- Caring Award - Teach Me Goodness (awarded to the student who continually provides emotional and physical support to both student colleagues and patients regardless of circumstances)
- Mentorship Award - Teach Me Discipline (awarded to the student who conducts themselves in a professional, proficient manner in theory and practice)
- Spirit Award - Teach Me Knowledge (awarded to the student who shows dedication to the profession of nursing as evidenced by positive attitude toward learning and excitement to provide for others)
Sigma Theta Tau International
Qualified undergraduate and graduate students will be invited to apply for membership in Delta Sigma Chapter of The Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International. Sigma provides leadership and scholarship in practice, education and research to enhance the health of all people. Delta Sigma Chapter supports the learning and professional development of its members.