Fisher Students Compete in PricewaterhouseCoopers Tax Competition
On Friday, November 9, 45 St. John Fisher College accounting students competed in the annual PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) tax competition, sponsored by PwC. Fisher is one of only 30 colleges from around the country selected to participate.
There were a total of nine Fisher teams competing, and each team had a faculty coach assigned to them. PwC gave the teams a real-life case that they would receive working in an accounting firm, and they had two weeks to work as a group to develop a solution and a presentation. The presentations were to be 12 minutes in length, and were made to a panel of judges from the local office of PwC.
The teams included:
After hours of competition, the panel announced that the winning team was Team 5 (Greg Church, Austin Zaprowski, Dan Tydings, Victoria DiGuiseppe, and Amber Lennington). The faculty team mentors were Dr. Karyl Mammano and Art Hintz. As the winners, the students received a $1,000 cash prize from PwC. In addition, a video of their presentation will be submitted to PwC’s national headquarters in Washington, D.C. for the opportunity to compete in round two. Five presentations are chosen for the third and final round, and those teams will win a $10,000 cash prize and the chance to present at PwC in Washington.
A team presents to the panel of PwC judges.
The winning team!
Latest School of Business News
- Human Resources Student Organization Earns Recognition from National Chapter
- St. John Fisher College Appoints Dean of School of Business
- School of Business Honors Class of 2016
- School of Business Inducts 42 into Beta Gamma Sigma
- Professor Shares Business Expertise through Fulbright, Aims to Erupt Economic Development on Volcanic Island of Rodrigues
- Speed Networking Connects Students, Industry Leaders
- Fisher Senior AMA Student Marketer of the Year
- Human Resources Student Group Picking Up Momentum
- Three Fisher Teams Present Business Ideas at State Entrepreneurial Competition
- Countdown to Commencement: Lauren Owens