Business Faculty Co-Publish Article
Dr. Hemant Sashittal, Professor and Chair of the Department of Management/Marketing, and Dr. Monica Hodis, Assistant Professor of Management/Marketing, recently co-published an article in MIT Sloan Management Review. They worked in collaboration with Dr. Rajendran Sriramachandra Murthy, Assistant Professor of Marketing, Rochester Institute of Technology.
The article, "Is Your Brand a Living Entity," talks about how Twitter is communicating brand and brand news to young adults and how they are receiving and digesting the information. The faculty trio first became interested in the topic as it became more and more difficult to separate their students from their phone in class.
They conducted focus groups with undergraduate students who were avid Twitter users, and found that effective Twitter strategies were helping some companies give their brands a special status and even a personality with the students. Some companies referred to in the article include Starbucks and Whole Foods.
Latest School of Business News
- Students Focus on Strengths during Semester’s First Women’s Leadership Series Event
- Fisher Student Nominated for National Collegiate Honors Counsel Award
- Human Resources Student Organization Earns Recognition from National Chapter
- St. John Fisher College Appoints Dean of School of Business
- School of Business Honors Class of 2016
- School of Business Inducts 42 into Beta Gamma Sigma
- Professor Shares Business Expertise through Fulbright, Aims to Erupt Economic Development on Volcanic Island of Rodrigues
- Speed Networking Connects Students, Industry Leaders
- Fisher Senior AMA Student Marketer of the Year
- Human Resources Student Group Picking Up Momentum