Countdown to Commencement: Matthew Berry
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Matthew Berry, a Political Science major and Communication/Journalism and American Studies minor. He was nominated by Tom Rodgers, Director of Campus Life.
Berry has soaked up all sorts of opportunities at Fisher and has immersed himself in the community. He is extremely involved, currently serving as the senior advisor to the Spring Event Committee that will be bringing Phillip Phillips to campus April 25, and he is also a Resident Assistant and the Senior Class Senator.
His involvement doesn’t stop there. He is former Student Government Association President, a role he filled in his junior year, and Director of Student Services. Through all of his involvement, he has been able to interact with and advocate for a number of students on campus.
The Fisher community missed Berry in the fall when he was studying in Washington D.C. and interning in Senator Kirsten Gillibrand’s office. His incredible work ethic and charisma served him well in his internship, and he is currently interning in the College’s Office of Admissions.
Aside from his ability to catch gummy bears in his mouth at any distance, Berry has incredible passion for helping others that will guide him post-graduation.
“His passion and desire to be an advocate for fellow students and doing what he can to make the student experience the best for his peers is what I will most remember about Matt,” said Rodgers.
Meet this week’s senior, Matthew Berry!
Latest School of Business News
- Business Students Find Success at BGS Summit
- For Fifth Consecutive Year, Students Take First in Regional Tax Competition
- Accounting Students See Real-life Scenarios in PwC Case Competition
- Fisher Senior Accepted into KPMG Master’s Program
- School of Business Strategic Planning Event Brings Stakeholders to the Table
- School of Business Welcomes Visiting International Students
- Fisher Hosts Business School Deans Roundtable
- Junior Places Fourth in National Marketing Sales Competition
- AMA Marketing Week Incites Passion for Field
- Students Focus on Strengths during Semester’s First Women’s Leadership Series Event