Student Receives Scholarship from Turnaround Management Association
On Thursday, October 25, JC Jones & Associates hosted the Turnaround Management Association's (TMA) Annual Student Night at St. John Fisher College. This marked the 11th year where up to five scholarships, ranging from $500 to $1,500, were awarded to students across Western New York. Mark Fancher ’13, a current MBA student, was one of the scholarship winners.
Fancher graduated in May 2012 with a bachelor’s degree in accounting. He immediately began his MBA degree and, upon completion, he plans to obtain his CPA license.
Fancher says he first learned about TMA when one of his professors recommended him for the scholarship because of his work ethic, motivation, and dedication. His additional qualifications of leadership potential and good communication skills were beneficial to him when applying for the scholarship.
“One of the greatest things I took away from the scholarship and TMA all together was the importance of networking and experience in the field,” said Fancher.
Fancher also said that the scholarship has only strengthened his interest in accounting, and allowed him to better understand how different fields in business can come together and accomplish goals collectively as a team. Additionally, it reinforced his decision to seek his MBA degree because it enables him to network and gain real-world experience.
Recently, Fancher accepted a position at Ernst & Young in Syracuse, and is well on his way of climbing the ladder in the accounting field. He hopes to one day be a partner at a large accounting firm and be able to help companies across the world run more efficiently, be more transparent, and create better lines of communication.
TMA is the only international non-profit association dedicated to corporate renewal and turnaround management. Members are a professional community of turnaround and corporate renewal professionals who share a common interest in strengthening the economy through restoring corporate value back to organizations.
Latest School of Business News
- Business Students Find Success at BGS Summit
- For Fifth Consecutive Year, Students Take First in Regional Tax Competition
- Accounting Students See Real-life Scenarios in PwC Case Competition
- Fisher Senior Accepted into KPMG Master’s Program
- School of Business Strategic Planning Event Brings Stakeholders to the Table
- School of Business Welcomes Visiting International Students
- Fisher Hosts Business School Deans Roundtable
- Junior Places Fourth in National Marketing Sales Competition
- AMA Marketing Week Incites Passion for Field
- Students Focus on Strengths during Semester’s First Women’s Leadership Series Event