Harvard Business Review Featuring Faculty Article
Dr. Hemant Sashittal, Professor and Chair of the Department of Management/Marketing, has had an article selected by the Harvard Business Review for purchase on the publication’s website.
Sashittal’s article, “Strategies of Effective New Product Team Leaders,” co-written by Dr. Avan Jassawalla, Professor of Management, SUNY Geneseo, is the second article written by him that has been chosen by the publication in less than a month.
The article talks about a company’s new product team, the problems they confront, and the changes that must occur before cross-functional teamwork can accelerate new product development processes. According to the pair’s research and analysis, only a select few teams consistently act on cross-functional thinking, collaborative decision-making, and organization of new product workflow to make meaningful changes. Sashittal and Jassawalla also discuss the differences between more and less effective leaders.
Latest School of Business News
- Junior Places Fourth in National Marketing Sales Competition
- AMA Marketing Week Incites Passion for Field
- Students Focus on Strengths during Semester’s First Women’s Leadership Series Event
- Fisher Student Nominated for National Collegiate Honors Counsel Award
- Human Resources Student Organization Earns Recognition from National Chapter
- St. John Fisher College Appoints Dean of School of Business
- School of Business Honors Class of 2016
- School of Business Inducts 42 into Beta Gamma Sigma
- Professor Shares Business Expertise through Fulbright, Aims to Erupt Economic Development on Volcanic Island of Rodrigues
- Speed Networking Connects Students, Industry Leaders