23 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
On Friday, April 5, the St. John Fisher College School of Business inducted a total of 23 students into the College’s Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS) chapter. BGS is the international honor society for business students and scholars.
Students ranking in the top 10 percent of the baccalaureate and top 20 percent of graduate programs at schools accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International are eligible. The inducted students join an expanding worldwide network of more than 625,000 outstanding business professionals who have earned recognition through lifetime membership in BGS.
The following students were inducted at the April 5 ceremony:
Students were inducted by Dr. David Martin, Dean of the School of Business; Dr. Jason Berman, Chapter Faculty Advisor; and Dr. Selim Ilter, Professor of Management. Amanda Scheutzow ’13, the BGS student liaison majoring in management, gave the keynote address.
BGS was founded as a national organization on February 19, 1913. By 1919, the organization took action to establish itself as the only scholastic honor society recognized by the American Assembly of Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). This organization, which was renamed AACSB International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business—includes in its membership collegiate schools of business that meet high standards of eligibility required of accredited member institutions with respect to curricula, teaching staff, teaching loads, and library and laboratory facilities. Beta Gamma Sigma amended its constitution in 1921 to restrict the installation of new chapters to collegiate schools of business which are accredited members of AACSB International.
Senior class inductees.
Junior class inductees.
Latest School of Business News
- School of Business Welcomes Visiting International Students
- Fisher Hosts Business School Deans Roundtable
- Junior Places Fourth in National Marketing Sales Competition
- AMA Marketing Week Incites Passion for Field
- Students Focus on Strengths during Semester’s First Women’s Leadership Series Event
- Fisher Student Nominated for National Collegiate Honors Counsel Award
- Human Resources Student Organization Earns Recognition from National Chapter
- St. John Fisher College Appoints Dean of School of Business
- School of Business Honors Class of 2016
- School of Business Inducts 42 into Beta Gamma Sigma