Parts of the campus have been under construction since last summer, and now that there are visible structures, some are wondering when those projects will be complete.
With both the Victor E. Salerno Center for American Enterprise and the Wegmans School of Nursing addition set to be open in time for the fall semester, much progress has been made, but plenty is still underway.
According to Joe Burkart, Special Assistant to the President, the Salerno Center’s foundations, slabs, structural steel, and building utilities have been completed. The crews are currently working on the exterior wall framing, heating and cooling ductwork, plumbing, electrical, and the roof trusses, with the roofing installation coming later this month. The building’s brickwork will begin in March, along with the installation of the interior partitions. By May, the window installation will be underway. The Center’s target completion date is August 1.
Work on the addition to the School of Nursing began a couple weeks ago, and the asbestos abatement and some demolition of the old facilities buildings have been completed. The complete building demolition is now underway, and the utility relocations will follow soon. Beginning February 25, excavation and foundation work will start. Structural steel formation will begin April 15, and the expected completion date is August 15.
Dr. Bain helps move the demolition of the old facilities building along to make room for the Wegmans School of Nursing addition.
Salerno Center progress shot.
Latest School of Business News
- Human Resources Student Organization Earns Recognition from National Chapter
- St. John Fisher College Appoints Dean of School of Business
- School of Business Honors Class of 2016
- School of Business Inducts 42 into Beta Gamma Sigma
- Professor Shares Business Expertise through Fulbright, Aims to Erupt Economic Development on Volcanic Island of Rodrigues
- Speed Networking Connects Students, Industry Leaders
- Fisher Senior AMA Student Marketer of the Year
- Human Resources Student Group Picking Up Momentum
- Three Fisher Teams Present Business Ideas at State Entrepreneurial Competition
- Countdown to Commencement: Lauren Owens