Human Resources Management Degree Program Meets SHRM Requirements; Renews with Society for Two Years
The St. John Fisher College Human Resources Management (HRM) degree program has once again met the requirements of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) curriculum guidelines, earning the program the Society’s endorsement for another two years.
SHRM looks for programs with a curriculum that aligns with the recommended requirements for HR degree programs as outlined in the SHRM HR Curriculum Guidebook, established by the society in 2005.
“This endorsement provides evidence that Fisher’s HR requirements once again align with the everyday professional needs of the HR practitioner,” said Dr. Bob Costigan, Professor of Management and one of the lead faculty in the HRM program. “Not only is the Fisher business school accredited by AACSB but our HRM courses, in particular, continue to meet the curricular standards of the best HR professional organization. This is something we should all be very proud of.”
SHRM is the world’s largest association devoted to human resource management. Representing more than 250,000 members in over 140 countries, the Society serves the needs of HR professionals and advances the interests of the HR profession. Founded in 1948, SHRM has more than 575 affiliated chapters within the United States and subsidiary offices in China, India, and the United Arab Emirates.
Latest School of Business News
- St. John Fisher College Appoints Dean of School of Business
- School of Business Honors Class of 2016
- School of Business Inducts 42 into Beta Gamma Sigma
- Professor Shares Business Expertise through Fulbright, Aims to Erupt Economic Development on Volcanic Island of Rodrigues
- Speed Networking Connects Students, Industry Leaders
- Fisher Senior AMA Student Marketer of the Year
- Human Resources Student Group Picking Up Momentum
- Three Fisher Teams Present Business Ideas at State Entrepreneurial Competition
- Countdown to Commencement: Lauren Owens
- Student Research Takes Center Stage this Month