Mission, Vision, and Goals of the School of Business
The mission of the St. John Fisher College School of Business is to prepare men and women for productive careers in a global economy that requires competency in communication, business knowledge, teamwork, and critical thinking. The School emphasizes close student-faculty interaction and excellence in teaching; we recognize that such excellence is informed by faculty actively engaged in scholarly research and practical application in their disciplines. All majors in the School of Business are supported by programs that enable engagement with the local business community. The mission is underscored by the core principles of the College motto: “Teach me goodness, discipline and knowledge.” (December, 2015)
The St. John Fisher College School of Business will continue to extend its reputation as a premier AACSB-accredited institution in the Northeast U.S. that prepares men and women for successful careers in the 21st century global community. (December 2015)
Undergraduate Program Learning Goals
- Core Business Knowledge - Graduates will be knowledgeable in the functional and related areas of business.
- Effective Communication - Students will develop effective written and oral presentation skills.
- Collaboration - Graduates will work effectively in teams in order to accomplish team objectives.
- Social Responsibility - Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of legal and ethical issues in the business environment.
- Critical Thinking - Students will use critical-thinking skills to become more effective problem solvers and strategic thinkers.
Graduate Program Learning Goals
- Leadership - Graduates will demonstrate the capacity to lead in organizational situations.
- Communication – Graduates will demonstrate the capacity to communicate effectively in organizational situations.
- Application of Business Knowledge - Graduates will demonstrate the capacity to critically analyze situations and apply knowledge in an effective and socially responsible manner.
- Teamwork – Graduates will demonstrate appropriate teamwork capability.