Sport Management Speaker Series
A major component of the Sport Management curriculum involves exposure to active members of the sport industry. One way this is done is through the Speakers Series, periodic lectures from industry practitioners.
These events provide firsthand accounts from experts shaping the industry. Also, it is an opportunity for Sport Management alumni to return to campus to discuss their trials and tribulations, experiences, successes and words of wisdom.
In addition, each year groups of alumni return to Fisher to participate in a roundtable discussion to answer questions and engage informally in one-on-one dialogue.
- Ted Black, President, Buffalo Sabres and Rochester Americans
- Chris Laughman, Product Line Manager, Under Armour
- Steve Griggs, Vice President of Sales and Services, Minnesota Wild
- Olivier vanLindonk, Account Executive – Tennis, International Management Group (IMG)
- Jim Garvey, Class of '04, Tournament Director,Wegmans LPGA International
- Chuck Mitrano, Class of ‘95, Commissioner,Empire 8 Conference
- Steve Bartlett, CEO,Sports Consulting Group
- Dan Mason, General Manager,Rochester Red Wings
- Chris Iversen, Class of '05, Director of Gameday Operations, Rochester Razorsharks
- Ted Spencer, Vice-President & Chief Curator, National Baseball Hall of Fame
- Glenn William, TCA Club Manager,Mid-Town Athletic Club
- Matt Jonak, Class of '03, Account representative for Octagon
- Pete Fisch, Class of '89, Beaver Sport Properties
- Karen Durkin, CEO, Women's Sports Foundation
- Mike Veeck, son of legendary baseball owner and promoter Bill Veeck
Alumni Roundtable Speakers
- Andy DiLaura, Director of Ticket Operations, Rochester Red Wings
- Marcus Fields, Special Event Manager, Rochester Big Brothers/Big Sisters
- Aaron Schmitt, Operations Manager,Buffalo Bills
- Nate Snyder, Account Executive,Rochester Sports Group
- Chris Kennedy, Izzo Golf
- Kevin Breen, Assistant General Manager,Auburn Doubledays Baseball Team
- Geoff Cook, Marketing Coordinator, Watkins Glen International Speedway
- Mike Markinson, Marketing and Event Coordinator, Syracuse University Athletic department
Ted Black, President of the Buffalo Sabres and Rochester Americans, with members of the Sport Management Club E-board.
Mr. Black came to campus in November 2012 to share his knowledge and expertise in the sport industry.
Chris Laughman, Product Line Manager for Under Armour with Kyle Anthony '14.
Mr. Laughman came to campus in April 2011 to speak about the organizational culture of UA, their branding efforts, his duties at one of the leading performance apparel businesses in the world.