Digital Cultures and Technologies
Consider a major in Digital Cultures & Technologies to supplement any field and acquire the skills to critically analyze and create digital media, online communities, social networks, and virtual environments.
With a major in Digital Cultures & Technologies, you will:
- Strengthen your abilities to become critical producers and consumers of media
- Study the cultural, psychological, economic and political significance of web technologies and social networks
- Learn how to create social media campaigns and study how digital technologies such as mobile phones, augmented realities, video games, virtual worlds, wikis and video blogs contribute to culture and public discourse
- Consider ethical and legal issues, including (re) definitions of copyright law and personal and public space
- Investigate the effects on orality and writing that come with developments in digital technology
The Undergraduate Catalog contains the most current Digital Cultures & Technologies Program Requirements.